Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
missed period but had tubal ligation

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

missed period but had tubal ligation

My last period ended the 28th of October.  I had a tubal ligation after my last child was born.  last month and even this month I "felt" that my period was coming (small cramping), but it never did.  My breast this month are very very full and barely fit in my bra now.  I took a pregnancy test a week ago and it came up negative.  What is wrong?  Is this menopause?  I am in my early thirties.
i don't no but the similar situation  u described is what i'm goin through. just i didn't get a pregnancy test yet.
The same thing happen to me also.  I am 29 years old.  I haven't got my period and I took a pregancy test and it was negative.  I had my tubal done in 2006.
I am going through the very same thing also. I took a test also and it came up negative..I am now 2 months late for my cycle. I am very very worried.....This is scary to me....I think I am pregnant somehow..I had a tubal when  I was 20...I am now 27....What to do???
I'm having the same problems i had my tubes tied in november and i haven't had my period in two months i took a test and it was negative but i don't know if i should call the doctors. i'm not in any pain or anything so i figure that i don't really need too. but from what i have been looking up on this it seems common not to get your period after a tubal. take care everyone
I am having the same thing I called my gyno and he said to take pregnancy test and if it's positive come in if it's negative its okay if I don't have a period for 3 months but no longer and to come on in.  We shouldn't be going through this though, because we still have all the right plumbing! hope this helps!
I'm having the same issues.Also, very sleepy .. Did you take a home pregnancy test?
I'm going through the same thing except last Wednesday (I was on the 12th day of my cycle) my husband and I were having intercourse and I was bleeding at some point durning. When we finished I had no more bleeding just a lot of cramps since. No my breasts are sore especially when I take my bra off. I've been going to the bathroom more and seem to be more sleepy. I had my tubes tied in 05 after my fourth was born. I would love some advice!!
well I am in that situation right now and I miss my period this month of Sept. and took pregnancy test came out negative and I do go to the restroom like alot.  And I have my tube tide in 1999 after my daughter was born. I don't know what causing it? and I am so curious about this problem.
i too am going through the same thing i tied my tubes in 07 i am 23yrs old i had my last period oct.9th and havent started yet i did start to feel like i was going to start but havent yet i took a test and it said i wasn't pregnant i'm scared i dont know what to do but also my ovaries hurt sometimes i'll get a sharp pain is anyone else going through this
I had my tubes tied in 02 after my third child. They did mine at the same time as my c-section. I was due to start my period on the 6th of this month and haven't had it yet. I took an at home pregnacy test and it came out negative. I have sharp pains in my ovary area as well. I wonder what it could mean. If you find out let me know, k.
I am going thru the same to be honest I am glad to see others going thru it too...I had a tubal in 1995 after my 3rd child. My last period ended Oct 17 2008. I pee alot, have no energy to do anything except sleep, My breasts are so sore that I cringe at the idea of taking my bra off, and my ankles are so fat that they are  now cankles. For the first 2 weeks in Nov I had hot flashes like you would not believe. This is just crazy !!!!!! What everyones elses results?? were you pregnant???  did you eventully get your peroid???  or is this early menopause for me? ( i am 35)
I am 43 and experiencing just about everything all of you are talking about. Missed period three months in a row, tubes tied two years ago, an endometrial ablation 1 year ago. Hot flashes started right after the ablation.

doctor put me on microestrogen, to balance out hormones. However, my blood tests came back normal. But my mood swings are NOT. So I am trying this out but I've gained six pounds in the last year and don't want to gain anymore weight.

You should go see a doctor, especially if you are not pregnant, not getting a period and are so young.
I will be 40 in March and had my tubes tied right after my 3rd child in 2003.  I have always had my normal cycle until last month.  I'm scared.  I am about 2 weeks late, my stomach feels like it does during my monthly, I get hot and dizzy a couple times.  I don't want to call the dr. because we don't have insurance.  I don't know what to do.  Haven't taken a prego test yet because I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant.  I'm sorry to see that there are so many others going through similar things.  What do we do?
I've had the same thing happen to me quite a few times in the past 3 years. i have a normal periods and then without worming they stop.  i have gone to the DR. to find out why and was told it was normal, my thought  Normal for who?  they gave me some hormone pills  for 7 days  and was sent home. yes i got my period but i want to know why it keeps happening to me.  is it a side effect to a tubal ligation.
my tubal was done in 98 after my son was born and had no problems till 06.
my mom on the other hand had a tubal back in 1984 and went into full on menopause
her ovaries  shut down.
i am goibg through this also....im 28 and i had my tubes tied,cut,burned on the same day as my c-section in jan. of 09 and had a normal period untill i didnt have one for july and havent had one for august either.  no cramps witch are usually really bad and ive gained 8lbs since july.(water retention maybe? )  i took 4 preg, test's and there all negative.  the doctor told me that there is still a 1 in 400 chance of getting preg. after the procedure,,,but im not, so why no period? if anyone gets an answer please let me know....very worried.
well if any  wants to  know  i am   mom a three  . i had my tubal lig in  2006 after having my second  child in  JUne of  2008  i  started having  cramping and general not  feeling good  well i ran  HCG  on myself ( i work in a lab )  an di was pregnant with  HCG of 3362 well i went to the  doc and i  pregnant with  thrid child  even after  tubal everything  turned out  fine but  i am  living proof that it can happen after have tubal . nothing is 100% so i would go get tested and  check with the  doctor good luck
I am 33 and had a tubal in 05 after I had my son. Had normal periods up until now. I had my last period on july 26 and have not had a period yet. I am worried I took a preg test and it was negative. So do anyone know the reason for this. Please advise.
I had my tubal in Jan 2009 after my third child. I haven't bought a test yet but I have all the symptoms I had with all three kids. Sept 1st will be the third month I have missed. I am so scared. Did some of you guys miss a lot of periods soon after you had your tubal?
AUGUST/09 WHEN MY PERIOD WAS DUE I ENDED UP HAVING BROWN SPOTTING FOR 3 DAYS AND THEN WHAT I THINK WAS MY PERIOD CAME AT THE END OF THE MONTH, REALLY HEAVY FOR THE FIRST 3 DAYS. I HAVE SINCE MISSED SEPTEMBER AND  NOTHING SO FAR IN AND IT IS NOW OCTOBER 09TH WITH NO SYMPTOMS OF A PERIOD COMING ANYTIME SOON. I HAD A TUBAL AUG/08 AFTER MY 4TH CHILD AND IM A LIL WORRIED..COULD I HAVE GOTTEN PREGNANT? OR IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE GOING ON LIKE MENOPAUSE?? IM ONLY 27 YRS OLD.
Please join us in our new community.  Press on the link below.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Pregnancy-After-Tubal-Ligation-Surgery/show/599?camp=msc
I am having the same issues as everyone has stated earlier. I would like to know if anyone has got an answer to this problem. I had a tubal approx. 7 years ago after the birth of my second child. I have missed 2 periods now and am completely confused. I have had cramping as if I was going to start my period several times but then my period never came. My breast were sore for a little while and I thought that was normal right before I was to start my period. Thought that was also a normal being that it was time to start my period. After about being a month and a half late I decided to take a home prego test and it came back negative. I'm a little worried. Can anyone give an update as to whatever came of their situation. I just need to know. I have called my doctor but to be honest with you, I don't have insurance and really don't have a ton of money to pour into a lot of tests and just a routine visit. Please HELP you guys!! By the way, I'm 31 years old. I'm hoping this is not the early signs of menopause. Oh yeah...... I have started peeing a lot and this morning I feel sick to my stomach!!
I am 38 with tubes tied for 8 years. I have had normal periods like clockwork some a little heavier than others but none the less on time everymont. I am now 23 days late and for the last four days have had brown almost black colored blood when I wipe only. I have also taken two pregnancy tests and they have both been negative (one a week ago and another today).. I also have ruled out menopause because I get bioidentical hormones every four months so my hormones are right where they should be.. so periomenopause should not be a factor. I have every symptom of pregnancy except morning sickness.. when I had my other two babies I had positive tests off the bat so... not sure what is going on outside of my nipples feeling like glass is shooting out of them through the day lately I would swear I was pregnant other than the test stating otherwise..
I had my tubes burned in 2001. This was after my C-section with my twins. I am usually regular and have been since my ligation. My menses usually is regular and is usually about 34-40 weeks apart. My LPM was on March 27 2010. I had an  episode of bleeding on April 27th 2010 which only lasted a few hours. I seen blood when I wiped. It never showed in my panties. It went away a few hours later and have not returned since. Ive took "Early Response" pregnancy test twice and it came back negative. The blood I saw in my panties may have been "implantation spotting"..which usually appears about a week after conception.

So if thats accurate and I am indeed pregnant, I conceived around March 16. So I am not 3 weeks yet. Could this be the reason I tested negative??? I am waiting another few days and then test again..The wait is excruciating!!......Am I pregnant?? or just late??? If I am pregnant is my pregnancy ectopic (tubal)???...Im very nervous.
Hey ladies, I have six children and back in 1997 just after my youngest child was born i also had tubal litigation i had the rings put on my tubes , i have had allsorts of problems proceeding this, painfull periods, painfull intercourse, loss of periods, execive periods, painfull ovaries, sore nipples, signs of pregnancy but not pregnant,  had a operation to see if there was anything wrong with my ovaries they found nothing wrong, i can totally relate to most of you in this area . It is my beleif that we have interupted the mother nature balance of things that science cannot figure out and this is the price we pay  so good luck girls hope you all find answers to your problem and be sure to let me know when there is a cure    helen xxx
I have been reading all comments and the comments are all at least 1-2 yrs old, I am currently experiencing some of the same symptoms and am wondering if I too am pregnant, I have went through this before missed period and all but was not pregnant, had tubal clamps placed in  2005 after my fourth child was born, but this time the symptoms have increased and in my heart I really feel that I am pregnant but since this has happened before I dont want to waste money on preg test and ov copays for them to tell me something like this is only stress, and then again I dont want to be the one to be preg for nine months not know it and give birth on the rr floor.....HELP very confused right now, and new current information 2010 anyone!
Hi I just wanna say that your not alone I also missed a period in Dec of 09 and again this month (May) I had done 4 prego test and all 4 came back negative I even went and had the blood work done and that also came back negative my doctor thinks it could be endometriosis which is a thick lining of the uterus so he's sending me to see a gyno so when I figure out whats going on i'll let you and everyone else know..I also had a tubal liagation in 1997 and i'm only 32 so I know it cant be menopause so lets hope I find out whats causing all this because I've never missed a period since my tubal liagation till now
I got my tubes tied after my second child was born in April 2009 at the same time I had a C-section. Since then I have not had a period (for over a year) I was completely normal/regular prior to my second child. I also had a C-sect with my first child so that was not a factor. I had/have severe hot flashes, dizziness, bones and body aches and pains, migraines, pms, cramps etc... and felt like I was going to have a period every month but I never do get one. Sometimes I get gross brown thick clumpy discharge but never any blood.  I had my blood tested by my OB and my hormone counts showed that I was in FULL menopause.  I just turned 40 in Jan. It has been a nightmare with my hormones since having my second baby in April 09. I finally asked my doctor to give me something for my mood swings... which I never had before. So I am taking an anti-depressant which has helped my overall disposition.  I am also taking a natural vitamin called Black Cohosh to help with the hot flashes and after paying for a CT scan to find out that my migraines were hormone/premenstral related (duh) I have to take excedrin migraine all the time.  My ob wants to put me on birth control.... ha ha ... to even out my hormones levels... (the whole reason I got the tubal was birth control) I am extremely fertile and did think I was pregnant almost every month because of the symptoms I was having but alas... always negative. I think that our bodies are still going through the motion of having a period/cycle but there is no release.  My doctor will not confirm any of this and says that it is all not related but from all the information I have found online, and the fact that I was so normal and regular prior to tubal, I think she is just covering herself professionally.  I discourage ANYONE whom talks to me about getting a tubal because of everything I  have had and am going through.  I have also been told that now I have to keep taking a bunch of calcium because with menopause there is a whole other list of negative things happening and bone degeneration etc.  Even at 40 it is still too young to be in FULL menopause. Hope this helps.
Wow...I am experiencing the very same thing right now. My last cycle was on 5/5 and it is now 6/18. I took 2 tests and both were negative. I am very tired all the time. My ankles ache, my calves swell, and I am so irritable now. I am now convinced that this is a side effect of have your tubes done. I had my tubes clamped 8 years ago after my fifth child.
I too am experiencing the problem.  I am a Christian and I believe that if it's ordained for your life, it can happen.  I had a tubal Ligation in 2005 and I have just had a missed period.  I remember feeling queesy a few weeks ago when smelling the cooking of a certain food. I am gaining weight and my hips are spreading very far. I am seeing a doctor but it seems that the doctors are even unsure and reading forums online shows that many women were actually pregnant after the doctor confirmed no and they ended up having a rupture issue in their tubes.  Waiting is hard.  I am 32 and I actually want to have another child. Currently a mother of 3.  We'll see what happens.
I'm glad I'm researching this I've had the same thing tubal done in 2008 when my third child was born purely because I had an awful pattern of miscarriage, my daughter, miscarriage, my son, miscarriage, my youngest son so I decided as much as I'd love to have another child I'd get fixed because I just couldn't handle another miscarriage if I wasn't surprised a few weeks after my last miscarriage that I was pregnant with my youngest son it would have probably put me over the edge. Before my tubal I was clockwork I could tell you pretty much down to the hour when I would start and stop. Since my tubal it's been hell.I've pretty much been regular with the exception of it being MUCH heavier and longer. Before tubal I was 3 days day one heavy, day two mild, day three pretty much gone. Now it is 9 to 12 days long and heavy. In April 2010 I got my period a few days early lasted 10 days I stopped for 7 days then got another one that lasted 8 days. 2 weeks later in May I got one that lasted about 5 days. I should have started June 13th going for the 4 weeks from May 16th. I had some extremely light spotting on the 11th that lasted about an hour thought it was me starting but nothing. It's now June 27th which makes me 2 weeks late. I have sore breasts,a little neausa, and tenderness in my left side by my belly button. I'm also peeing like every 20 minutes. I guess with so much bleeding in April and May but I'm worried. I took a early response test that lets you know 5 days early but it was negative figured if it was suppose to know 5 days early and I'm 2 weeks late that I must not be pregnant but I have all the symptoms I did when I was pregnant the first time. Figure if I don't start in a week I'll retest. I know it's not menopause I had all my bloodwork done 3 weeks ago because I've had unexplained weight loss everything came back normal. Guess I'll keep in touch on here and let everyone know. If I knew all these issues that came from a tubal I would have made my husband get fixed I was totally normal prior to this my mother and both my sisters had a tubal and they all need everything removed. My middle younger sister actually just got everything down to her cervix removed because at 26 she is going through menopause my mom is 52 has to get her stuff removed and my baby sister who is 23 has to have her's too. I had an ovarian cyst last month which I've never had before but they have all had forever. It's a mess I really wish i wasn't so worried about another miscarriage to jump the gun on a tubal it seems like it's just not worth it.
I am 25... had my tubes tied after my daughter was born in October 2009, I have always had normal periods, like clockwork, the 4 times I have ever missed my period, I was pregnant (my 3 children and the one miscarrage (miscarriage))... up until this month, they have been right on track... I should have started on the 23rd or 24th... Me and my younger sister both start right around the same time, well hers has come and gone and I still havent started... I have been extra tired this past week, but I blew it off to being tired from our vacation which I got home on the 25th from a week in Florida (with my kids)... but I have been home almost a week now and still exhausted, all I want to do is sleep all day! could stress possibly make me miss? or is it normal to skip a period or two after a tubal??? I dont have insurance, so I cant go to a Dr. Should  I at least contact a dr if it dont start soon??? what should I do?
Stress alone can cause you to skip a period. It's also common to just skip a period anyways, even if you've been regular in the past. The odds of pregnancy after a ligation are 1% and most of these end up being Ectopic or result in miscarriage. You do want to find out if you are pregnant though, because if you are, Ectopic pregnancies are life threatening and would need immediate treatment.
Hi, I am a 27 year old mom of 3. I had a tubal done in Feb. 2009. I have also been experiencing all of the same symptoms as most of you. I am always on time with my period but I am 3 days late this month. My breasts are sore, I am cramping as if I were on my period, I had a tinge of blood when using the bathroom yesterday but nothing since. I have been extremely tired all the time for the last 2 - 3 weeks. These are the same exact symptoms I experienced with all of my previous pregnancies. I am debating weather or not to go to the doctor, but it almost seems ridiculous to think I may be pregnant. Deep down I think if I were pregnant I would be overjoyed, so maybe i`m afraid of being disappointed if it turns out that I`m not. Well anyways thats my 2 cents. Hope everything works out for everyone the way they want it to.

Best of luck!
I am 25 had a tubal in April of 2007,  I have always been right on time, every 28 days but for the last 3 months I have been really late anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks.  I took 3 preg. tests all neg. went to my dr. took another test again neg.  I am late again.  Very frustrating, but apparently not uncommon.  My dr. put me on b.c. pills for a month to regulate me but it didn't last long.  Has anyone else figured out why this happens?
I am 28 just had my second son May 2010, by c-section. My tubes were tied during that proceedure. Needless to say I bled for almost a month after. Had a little blood for a day last month, but only when I went to the restroom. Here it is almost the end of August and I feel like I'm on my period but am not experiencing any blood; Just a clear discharge, with hot flashes and dizziness. I really don't think or feel like I could be pregnant, but my question is how long after your proceedure was it before you had your first peroid????? I curious if it is normal to go several months without a period after this proceedure.
I haven't had a normal period in six months. July 5, 2010 I came on a cycle the blood was dark blood (old blood) but before then I didn't come on for 4 months. Now it is August the 28 and I haven't came on my cycle yet. I am worried I might be pregnant again. I too had my tubes tied after my c-section and I was normal after the surgery. I had my surgery done in 2007 and now I don't know what to do. I am scared to buy a pregnancy test because Lord knows I don't want anymore children three is enough for me but what should I do because I be watching a television show about i didn't know I was pregnant and I am scared of that happening to me. I am having mood swings, hot flashes, restless nights( I mean the only way I can fall asleep is by taking a sleep aid and even then I don't get tired easily). I need some insights on why this is happening to me and I am 29.
I am 31, had tubal at 29. After my son I needed my bladder put back in its proper place surgically (it prolapsed and I had no control over it), so I decided that this is it. I am done with childbirth. Don't want to spent my youth in adult dippers ;)
my son was born when I was 27, and I had Mirena put in right a way. After the tubal surgery I asked to live the IUD in place, since I really liked the no-fuss light, practically no PMS periods.
So here I am now, have two layers of protection....  
However... My august period is two weeks late (which alone wouldn't worry me, since Mirena can make them go a way completely), but I also really have painful and swollen breasts (which is also not a big deal, may be PMS)...
BUT I have nausea! And that IS a big deal. I never feel nauseous, and I've been this way every day for a week. Plus I have strange aversions to food, and unusual cravings.
I know how crazy I may sound, with two layers of protection inside me... but really, I am terrified of ever having another baby.... and anything that may hint a possibility of such an event sends me into a tail spin...
Will give myself a couple of days. may be period will come...
Yeah I know what you mean, I too am afraid of becoming pregnant again but I don't think you are going to come on a cycle because when I was on the Mirena I didn't have cycles period, at all. I am cramping now but I haven't had a cycle yet and I am having unusual mood swings, cravings for food such as pickles, ice cream, graham crackers, peanut butter and I normally don't each these items on the regular. I will just be happy when I come on a normal cycle because even if I come on and its not normal I will be worried. Anyways good luck on your birth control I hope everything work out
I took the pregnancy test this morning - negative.
still, want my breasts to go down to their normal size, before I come down... because with my son, I had several negative tests before I had a positive one. I think I was around 6 weeks pregnant before I got my 1st positive one, and I was already throwing up daily by then.
Still was nauseous today... :(

This is crazy! most people want to many kids, and I get panicked from just the thought.... Perhaps, if my bladder stayed put, and I didn't need surgery I wouldn't be so scared... now I wonder, what if I were to have another child, what would prolapse then?
I have another 9 days until my period is due, but i just don't feel very good. I had a tubal ligation done in 2003. I have regreted it ever since then and I actually just mailed my paperwork in this mornin to set up a reversal..my husband and I were together the days that i should've ovulated on and I actually bled a few days latter(implanation bleeding?),,I know it is a way long shot , but i feel very prego right now. I try to be nice and kind to my family, but for the past 4 days I have been to tired, light-headed, and my back and sides have really been hurting..these symtoms (symptoms) combined I have been very mean and moody..with my last pregnancies my symtoms (symptoms) started very early...who knows? i sure hope so. it would save me $6000.00....lol
I got my period! all is well :)
Nause , headace, sleepy, no monthly!?????
I had a  c-section in June & had my tubes; cut, tied, &burned. Since then I've had 2 periods & have not gotten it yet this month, I am late, & scared to death. I have had minor cramping on & off for  about 3 days, & as of right now I am petrified to take a test. I'm not sure if I could emotionally handle being pregnant again, especially so soon. I have been very anxious, stressed, & depressed lately, but that has never interfered with my preriods before. I am so scared I don't know what to do.
My cycle has always been very regular.  My last period was Aug 3rd. I had my tubal ligation on August 13th.  It is now Sept. 18th and I haven't gotten my period.  Most of the posts I have read were from women who started missing their periods a couple of years after their procedure.  Did anyone miss their period right after their tubal ligation?
I have had this happen to me before and now again. all after having a tubal.  lots and lots of research and multiple things can contribute to this but the most common is a hormonal imbalance. in some instances stress can cause the hormones to become imbalanced along with other factors that you should talk to your doctor about.  there is medicince out there that can help with this.  if your having any elevated stress levels that your body isn't used to this can cause an imbalance in the hormones which can through your whole body off and it may seem like you would be pregnant because some of the sysmtom are very similar.  talk to your doctor if your having negs preg. tests and see what he says.  I really hope that this helps everyone having this problem. and good luck to you all.
I am really shocked to see so many people having these issues after their tubal ligations. I had my tubal ligation 06/09, and I have had normal menstral cycles, no cramping or anything (just like it always was) and now, I had a day of almost brown blood that was mainly spotting. It was a waste of a pad, as there was not much. I am 8 days late, extremely tired, irritable, and I keep getting minor cramps above my hips. I am 23 and concerned. I have not taken a test, because I highly doubt I am pregnant, especially since my husband also got a vasectomy. I just wonder what is wrong with me?
I'm having the same problem.  I can't believe so many women have this same problem.  I had my tubal 10 years ago and my cylcle has always been on schedule except for now.  I'm about 5 days late.  I'm waiting til the 1st of the month to take a test.  I haven't told my husband yet.  I don't want him to worry just like I am now.
i had a tubal ligation in 2008 after my son. i have always been click work with my period the only time i missed i was pregnant.  i am now 4 weeks late  neg pg test. i looked up side effects of a tubal, it can cut the blood off to your ovaries causeing early menopause. and there is something called   post tubal ligation syndrome symptoms. I am 30yrs old. if this is happening to call you dr ask for the right test.
I had a  tubal in 1999 and the same thing is happening to me. I am over seven days late and have never been late before. Part of me is hoping i am prego but the other part of me is terrified. My husband has been teasing me for four days with baby names.
I'm experience the same thing i didnt get my period this last nov, my tubes were tied in 07 during my c section and i also use condoms, i took a pregnancy test that came up negative. i feel mild cramping,back, alot urination,mood swings, hot flashes,dizziness etc i also havent seen a doctor due to the lack of insurance
i had a tubal done July 2010 had my period normal until september. now im having the signs of pregnacy all the way down to have milk in my breasts. im very concerned if anyone has had problems like this please let me know.
its been 3 yrs since i had my tubes tied (bands). and as of today 12-7-10 i am 13 days late on my period. my boyfriend believes that i am cause i barely have to be sleepy to fall asleep and i despise the smell of cooking grease. but i heard alot of stories of people who get there tubes tied and they end up with tubal pregnancies or just more children....so that one percent chance of getting pregnant after tubal ligation should be raised cause i know six women who have children or have been pregnant after they had there tubes tied. and to all women if your tubes are tied my suggestion would be wait a month to see if it comes and if not go have a blood test(pregnancy)  or maybe schedule a sonogram cause without them it maybe ending up to late if u ever decide to untie your tubes
At this very moment I am experiencing many of the symptoms of being pregnant as well. I had my tubes tied in 2007 after my daughter and I hadnt had any problems or concerns up until now. I am very active and at this point< I have not responded sexually to my fiance' because of my frequent urination, always tired, sore breasts, and the bloated look. i am going to get to the bottom of this because I have other health issues that are hectic enough to deal with. i have read all the posts above and it is really amazing to me that there are so many of us with like symptoms that not one of us has gotten an answer for this.
I am 34 years old and I had my tubal ligation (bands) in 2008 after my daughter was born.  I haven't had any complications whatsoever since then.......so when I woke up this morning dry heaving and gagging I was a little shocked!  Every smell made me sick half the day, which has only happened to me in the past when I was actually pregnant. My period runs like clockwork every 26 days. I looked at the calendar and noticed I am two days late. I don't want to rush to the store just yet but it has alarmed me! I hope and pray I just happened to have caught a bug AND also be late for my period. Needless to say, I have been looking up failure rates all day. What they quote as less than 1% seems a little off because I'm finding quite a few women that ended up pregnant.  I'd like to know your results and if you all ended up starting your periods, having miscarriages, tubal pregnancy, or uterine pregnancy.  BTW - I am not really wanting to be pregnant, I just know my body and what is normal, and THIS is NOT normal for me no matter what any doctor says.
Still dry heaving and gagging, still no period. I'm about to go nuts!  
I am experiencing the same thing. I have had a few issues related to my Tubal Ligation as well. I wish I had never had this surgery. I believe I have had 2 Ectopic pregnancies and now am considering birth control. I have read numerous articles about this. From what I understand this surgery is 99 percent effective for the first 12 months following the surgery. I do not know the effectiveness after that time frame. I am very regretful I had this surgery now.
Got my tubes tied 2 years ago after I had my 4th child. So far, my period is like 9 days late. I also have a thyroid issue, so I'm thinking this could have something to do with it. Who knows? I've been late before since getting my tubes tied. I have sore boobs, I've been tired and not sleeping that well, feel like I'm getting my period, but it doesn't come. It's SUPER annoying and I wish I never got my tubes tied, to be honest. The pill or maybe Mirena or something would've been better. I wish my doctor would've explained the possible side effects and everything that can come with getting ur tubes tied. I haven't taken a test bc it's probably pointless. I doubt I'm pregnant and now after reading all ur responses, I REALLY doubt I am. This is all just very annoying. I encourage anyone who's considering a tubal to reconsider and get all the facts. Plain and simple...it's not normal to have signs of pregnancy, missed period and all...and not be pregnant. Our bodies are really messing with us and that *****. Good luck to everyone. Hope we all get this straightened out.
I had my tubes tied in November of 2008 after my second child I am 33 and don't want anymore children my last period was on January 20, 2011 I am pregnant what do u think HELP!!!! I am really beginning to worry.
I am 30 years old and have 2 kids ,a boy 10  a girl 5.i had my T.L when i had by daughter through c-section in 2005..i am 13 days late.i took a hpt it was (-)..i don't knw what to expect ..i am going crazy ..i called my gyn and she said to wait and see till end of this month..i could be just late ..but the symptons are crazy..i feel nausea ,,peeing alot ,i feel very cold and eat a lot..mt back hurts and i get tired really quickly..could i be pregnant.??please any advise
I wish more people that originally started this thread would let us all know how it turned out for them...give us a little somthing to work with, lol :)
I'm 40 almost 41- had my tubes tied after last (3rd) c-section in 2002- had abdominal surgery to remove a cyst in 9/2010- doc said he had to move my folopian tube back into place also... been having sex on average 2x's a week. Since the tubal- regular as clockwork...now am 16 days late..neg preg test- but as most of u have had...pee frequently, breasts sore, irritable, had cramps...what's up?
i am going to doctor tomorrow to hopefully figure out what our issue is.  i have same issues and am 31.  better not be menopause.....
I'm 26 and had my tubal ligation at the beginning of Nov 2010. I had my first period 4 days after the surgery and it lasted for 6 days. Since then my cycle is i have a period once every 6-8 weeks and it lasts 3-4 days starts off very light but dark like old blood on first day the next day it's very light and spotty but a more bright red, then ends with light pink spotting for a day or so. I have no cramping. My cycle was 28 days like a clock. Taken multiple pregnancy tests all came back Negative. so every time my period is late i take another pregnancy test .. it says negative, wait 4-5 days and test again still negative. then i usually start my period a week or 2 later.

Ladies if you think your pregnant stop being so scared and just go by a package of tests or make an appt with your dr or the nearest womens clinic like planned parenthood. the longer you wait the longer you stress out!
I am 33 and had my Tubal 11 months ago during my C-section for my 5th child!! I too have all the same symptoms as discussed above and have taken 2 pregnancy test that came back Negative. This too is not normal for me to miss a cycle ,so of course I am a little concerned. I did in fact call my OB and they said wait to see if I miss another month, that even if it was a ectopic it would still be okay not to be seen right away. They also told me it is not uncommon for women in their 30's to stop having a cycle all together which I never knew about and assume it is an early menopause. Still feeling a little concerned but hopefully will have some answer's soon!
Turns out, the ultrasound I had today found a moderate sized cyst on one of my ovaries.  said to be the cause of my symptoms which are the same as all of yours.  go to the doctor if you dont have a cycle and get checked out.  
I had a tubal ligation 4 years ago and my periods have been 28-31 days every month but now i have missed a period and im tired alot and i have been getting lightheaded and dizzy i go to the bathroom alot more often as well and when i shower my breasts sting. Could i be pregnant?
I am 27 years old. I had my tubal done on July 5th 2010 the day my last of five children were born. I had my normal bleeding after my son was born but I have not had a period since then. I have taken a pregnancy test every month since I have had my tubal done and they all come back negative. I went to the doctor and made them do an ultra sound just to be safe. The doctor told me that it is normal not to restart your period for 6 to 12 months after having a tubal done. Well my 12 months is coming up. Don't know if I will start or not, but as long as I am not pregnant I could care less if I have my period. It is a relief of not interfering with family outings and making me feel like crap and just wanna lay around all day. I will update after my yearly checkup.
im 32 n i have had 2 periods for 2 days but very light not normal for me i went to 3 drs n they say im not pg but now i have breast milk n they r saying they dont no if its a baby r a cyst n now i am felling movement that is visable  just they wouldnt think i crazy i had my 4 sisters watch my belly move it mainly happends after i eat n lay down everynight    what could it be  have to go back on the 24 th for second ultrasounds results
I'm 23 and had a tubal in June of 2010 after my fourth child, I thought I was crazy because I've been missing alot of my periods and if they do come it's only for a few days and it's light, so far I haven't had one in two months including this one. But the main reason I thought I was crazy is because my stomach would move and my fiancee sees it too. I'm glad to hear someone else is having the same problem. I'm scared to find out if I'm pregnant so if you find something out please reply back.
Hi. I'm having a similar issue. I'm 25. I had a tubal done after my c-section in November 2010. I have 3 children altogether. My period is late. I had a weird one last month... just shorter than normal. And nothing for May... and since June just started, I guess we'll see. Anyway, I've taken 2 tests and both were negative. I'm extremely tired, sore, lots of discharge, nausea/vomiting, sensitivity to smells or certain foods, cravings for certain foods, low back pain, and have gained a whole pants size in a month. Not sure what's going on, but it worries me some. I haven't seen a doctor yet, but I'm thinking I should... any suggestions?
I am too having the same problem as everyone else. I just gave birth in Jan. to my second child, and got my tubal ligation at the same time (via c-section). I am 27 years old and I have ALWAYS had irregular periods, but now I am concerned. I recieved a period at the end of March and it lasted until the 1st week of April, but nothing since. The only period that I did receive was very uncomfortable. And now I am suffering from fatigue, nausea, sensitivity to smells, and body aches and pains.. WHAT IS THIS??? IF SOMEONE KNOWS PLEASE HELP US!!
I didn't come on my period. I've had my tubes. Tied in 2004 the doctor said stress but this never happened before.  I did have a yeast infection tho. Help.
I am 30 years old and had my tubes snipped and burned back in Aug. 2003....i have missed my period this month....i have been feeling like for about 2 weeks now that i am going to start but i havent yet....i have taken 2 pregnancy tests and they came up negative....i always start the day after my goddaughter but she has been on and off of hers for almost 2 weeks now....my other goddaughter always starts a day or 2 after me and she has had heres to as well....if anybody else is having these symptoms please let me know and give me some ideas of what it could be....my family says it could be stress....but i have been more stressed out before and never missed my period except for like a day or 2 late...and im not stressed out either...and as for my diet changing....it hasnt changed i am still eating the same things that i have been eating....i have been craving guacomole and salad mixed together  
hi everyone...I too have similar symptoms. Although....I had my last child in march 02'..and got my tubes tied and burned.  2-3 years later a pin hole formed and i got pregnant.  BUT didn't know it.  I was getting xray after xray due to root canals and my family dr. thought I was becoming diebetic (diabetic)...so put me on diebetic (diabetic) meds.  So I lost the baby.  My obgyn dr. said it would've been a normal pregnancy and had them tied and burned again ...since how I was loosing the baby.  now...about 4 years later...I had a lot of plyps and had them removed.  hardly had a monthly...but always had something.  now haven't had anything for 2 months maybe 3 cannot remember (the third month) and I have lower front cramping like my belly is tightening up.  sometimes its too uncomfortable but never painful.  I did get a little bloody show the other day when I had to go to the bathroom #2 and had a little trouble.  (constipation) other than that...nothing.  my nipples (only) are sore.  took pregnancy tests and came back negative.  I do have a drs. appointment tomorrow...but its not here soon enough.  also, I have been looking information up and found out that a tied is only good for about 7 years.  now I was burned and tied twice...and now its been a full 4 years since my second tied and burned...and concerned!!  any thoughts
It is nice to know that I am not alone... was starting to go a little crazy! I too had my tubes tied in December and am a month late for my period... I am tired all the time and get sharp pains in my ovaries. Yet I don't know anyone else who had theirs done that I could ask or talk to, all the men in my family were fixed instead. My appetite has increased and I swear my bladder shrunk to the size of a pea. I am 28 years old and got my tubes tied so I wouldn't have to worry about getting pregnant... yet, 7 months later I am having the symptoms.. I haven't bought a test cause the chances of being prego are slim... I just don't know what was going on with me... it is really frustrating....
Did anyone find out anything? I was supposed to start 2 days ago. Had my tubal 12/03 and have many problems since then. This time is different. Last month I started 6 days early bled for 3-4 days stopped spotted for a few bathroom trips and had extremely bad side cramps one morning to the point of me crying. I had rings put on during my tubal... my periods have before the past 3 months finally gotten normal and stayed normal for about 3 years now. I would love to be pregnant but just don't know what to think. I wouldn't be freaking except the past 3 months have been weird. ..
Well I stumbled on this board because I'm in the same boat.  On July 16th I started cramping & thought my period was starting.  I had a day or 2 of very light spotting on the toilet paper but not on my pad as usual.  My period usually last 7 days but 2 days later nothing then at 4 days I realized nothing was happening.  At what would have been 5 weeks, 6 days (same day with my 1st pregnancies that symptoms started) I drank some soda that night & immediately got a burning feeling in the back of my throat followed by acid reflux or heartburn.  It was weird because I love soda & my 1st 2 pregnancies the babies loved it as well to the point I'd throw up everything so I thought this was weird.  The next day I took a sip of juice & when I went to take another sip I couldn't swallow it.  I got nauseous.  I came home later & tried soda and pizza again.  I got such bad reflux that I almost threw up.  Since then I can't drink soda, eat breads, & have no desire to eat things I used to because of this lump in the back of my throat.  I also realized that a week or 2 before my period was to start I noticed that after a couple of bites of food I would feel really full which I also thought strange.

Since then I've had cramping off & on, some loose stools, nauseous, and weird ligament pain.  Yesterday I noticed breastmilk coming out my left breast & I'd stopped nursing the end of May.  As of last night I now have breast tenderness.  I finally took a hpt because I have high blood pressure but stopped taking my meds since they're not good in pregnancy & I also have low potassium so it's better for me to know instead of waiting until August 12th for my next period.  Oh, the hpt was negative.  My tubal was in Dec '08.  I've sent a message to my Ob/gyn & Endocrinologist to see if there's another reason for this.  But I'm so frustrated that my body has betrayed me, gotten my hopes up, & can't be trusted!  It's also frustrating when you have all these pregnancy symptoms but aren't pregnant!  I mean what are we supposed to do now? ;(
Well I took a blood test on Thursday which was a 5, considered borderline for pregnancy.  My test 36 hours late was negative.  I still don't know what to think.  Waiting to talk to my doctor.  I'm wondering if I should just wait until Friday to see if my period starts before pursuing other causes.   I heard back from my Endocrinologist who said the heartburn/nausea thing sounds like acid reflux.  Funny thing is I'm used to waking up in the middle of the night with it but since I missed my period I haven't had that problem.  And I stopped taking Pepcid as soon as I thought I might be pregnant.  She also said the breast leaking can be because of my blood pressure medication or Ibuprofen but I stopped taking those a week before that started as soon I was pregnant again.  Plus I was taking those for 2 years & after I stopped nursing in May I didn't have that side effect.  
Last period was June 22nd, I woke up in sooooo much pain on right side, went to dr and he told me it may of been kidney stones or my appendix, sent me on my way. My period was short and light then to. I'm 23 days late today and nothing! I had a tubal back in 2005 never missed a period. Getting alot of headaches, nausea. When I was 14 days late I had a blood test which was negative, was told to take a urine test this week. Dr already said IF I am prego, it'll be etopic. I guess I'll wait and see, it's driving me crazy!
I, too had a tubal ligation- in August 2010.........I've a few times since then where I was late or missed a period........today is August 17, 2011 and my last period started on memorial day- May 30, 2011! I've had to use the bathroom a lot some days, had nausea a lot some days, and today I have had a quick stabbing pain every so often in my right side, probably close to my ovary. I dunno what it is and it's kinds scary to think it could be bad, but I don't have insurance, therefore I can't go to the doctor to see what my problem is.........wish I knew!
So, are up Prego?  
I had a tubo in 11/2008 and 8 month after i had wired looking periods on and off.. I always wonder if it was done correctly or if the tube re- connected.. currently i am late two weeks and i have some preo system and my doctor did not take me seriously.gave me pills to make me have my period four days ago.. but i am not sure if i want to take..

I had long history of Miscarry due to hormonal imbalance.. My body don't produce enough progesterone to support pregnancy.. My last son who is almost three.. I had to take progesterone all threw pregnancy.. He is my miracle baby... since my progesterone level are low and hcg dont produce do to not or late implantation..  doctors are not able to detect my pregnant til about two month and most of the time it was when I was about to miscarry..

I am getting tired of going threw this cycle.. late two week again but this time i am taking care of myself and eating  foods that help my own body to produce progesterone see what happens!!   If i am it would be a miracle.. that why i got tubo to avoid miscarry :( I had 8 Miscarriages and have 4 live..  which were difficult pregnancy..

If any of you get positive... please confirm i like to know?    
I had a tubal done in 2009 after i had my twins and i got my period in july but it wasnt like my normal one.. i spotted for like 4 hours and then stopped again august came around and no period i keep gettin the cramps like it wanted to *** but it never did.. I was always tired, everytime i eat i felt like i wanted to throw up, dizzy, light headed, my breast were sore to the touch.. So i decided to go to the doctors just cuz i wasnt feeling like me self andi told them all  the symptoms i was havin and the nurse said ok just for the giggles i will give u a test well needless to say i am 2 months pregnant and the baby is in the uterus were it belongs.. I thank the lord that is isnt ectopic... I was told that my procedure was irresivible and that i had to be sure that is wat i wanted it was and now look i amd pregnant again.. I already have 4 boys... Any suggestions or advise.. Anything would be greatly appreciated...
Had tubal 10 yrs ago have had diabetes and issues with hormones. Cycle always regular but missed last month. Waiting to see if comes this month. Feeling nauseous tired and irritable. Sometimes feels like fluttering and cramps in lower abdomen and peeing more. Tmi? Help!
I am having something similar i had my tubes done in 2006 while having my c section but they put both clamps on the left tube but the last 3 months my period has been very little and this month it didnt come at all i have cramps not bad and my breast have enlarged is it possible to be pregnant please help
I'm am 23 years old and I am having similar issues with my menstral I was pregant in may of 2011 but I didn't know until the first week in july so two weeks later I had a misscariage. After that I got my period 6 weeks later but now my period is two months late and I'm having light pink spotting off and on for about 9 days now can anyone help I'm trying to wait to see if my menstral comes if not ill go to the gyn and two more things I took a test in october came back negative and no I do not use protection because I'm married
Im 34 had a tubal in 2004..in 2010 i had to have colon resection for colon cancer and found that one tube is still attached and they said that it was cut but it grow back together but there is no way to get preg. I havent had my monthly and i have awful cravings,going to the bathroom all the time and feeling tried and ill all the time also..
im having that problem now, so whats wrong?
Has anyone found an answer to this problem? I am like most of you. I am 27. I had a tubal done in 2006. I had my left ovary and tube removed in 2008. I have had a regular period until now. I am a month late. I am sick to my stomach all the time. I am extremely tired. These headaches are unreal. I need an answer to this. Has anyone found a solution?
can it be something as little and basic as how much water everyone is drinking?  i know that if you are too dehydrated your body doesnt perform well. wich could cause fatigue, cramping, and harder periods....i am having some problems, like im a month late and im tired and cramping, not to mention my mood and behavior. im thinking about just drinking more water and seeing what that does, ill keep you posted.
I am 29 i had a tubal in sept.2010 my period was normal up until now i didnt get mine yet which comes on the 7th of every month so i am now 10 days late i to took a text last night it was negative so im a little scared because that seems a little odd to have missed my period. I have been sleeping more in the day and being up all night so hopefully theres nothing wrong and i will get my period next month
I had my tubel ligation done in august of 2010 minutes after having my son via c-section because of gest. diabetes. No issues with my cycle the first year. Now dec. 2011 i was late sore breast etc, but it came about a week late, no worry figured my cycle changed, since we usually change cycles every 3 months by a few days. Jan 2012 comes, i'm just about 2 weeks late, comes, no biggy figured stressed alot was going on in my family, dad had heart attack etc. Feb 2012 comes late by 12 days, figured what the heck, breasts were sore, took a test, had intercourse, next day started, however i'm the 4 day cycler, and this cycle lasted about 2 1/2 days. Now I should of started march 4th by going off all my missed times, and when they started not actually when i would of.. so here 15 days later, i am confused. I've noticed the thin brown mucus sometimes, but figured thats my bodys way of thining out since no babies can come. My mother and Sister both had gotten tubels, where they were burnt and tied, and within a yr both were having babies, i am one of those not suppose to be here, but i am. i was wondering if i'm at higher risk a-because of having it done c-section, b- the running in my family of having babies after being fixed? c- i spent most of my last 24 hours having cold and hot spells, i've been extremely tiredsome in the last 4-5 weeks, and i literly feel like a train de-railed. i was glad to see alot of other people are going thru this, but is there really and answer to this? i have all 3 tubel options done, i was cut, burnt and tied. HELP!!!
I had my tubes tied September 2009 and have had a period every month since November 2009. They were regular for the first two years but in the last three months they switched and would miss a week or two and then it would start; like it was trying to regulate itself and start at a different time during the month. My last period was Feb. 15th and I haven't had one this month. I have a discharge from my breasts, some cramping like i'm going to start, and back pain. I took a pregnancy test but it came out negative. I'm just wondering what is going on and since i don't have the money to go to the doctor, i have no idea what to do. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
I had my tubes tied during my 2nd c-section 9 months ago. I am over a month late on my period. I took 3 tests, 1 was positive the other 2 were negative. I felt a little cramping but none now, sore breasts and feel really bloated. Has anyone had any answers yet? Or anyone who's tubes have been tied, actually found out they were pregnant? It confuses me, because 1 of the tests were positive...
hi just wondering how you made out.. were u pregnant??
Wow seems like a lot of us are having the same symptoms! I had my tubal back in april 2009 and my period was normal until this year. My last period was in jan 2012 we are now half way thru april and still no period. I did bleed for two days last month but it wasnt like my period it was super light. Ive taken 2 test and both have been negative. The funny thing is my tummy looks different and its hard. I also feel something moving from time to time but I dont know if I could just be bloated from not having a period. What ***** is not having any insurance to go to the dr. Im thinking of just going to the hospital and faking something and just have them test me.
I had my tubal done over 6 years ago I've never missed a period always been regular no problems but I had my period April 20-21st my abdomen is swollen when I sit up straight it feels like my belly is gonna bust. I have had cramps and pains like I'm gonna start now. I took a pregnancy test a week ago and it was negative I took another one 2dand ago and it showed a light positive sign so I'm very confused. Now today the month is almost over and I just now started spotting. I'm using the rest room more frequently everything I eat feels like its gonna throw back up. My back is hurting majority breast are full and kinda tender and the blood is a bright bright red. Can someone PLEASE help me and if u have any suggestions please email me ***@****. Thanks in advance....
i am 25 years old and a mom of three i had my tubal a year and a half ago right after having my 3rd child same day as my c section and i have had a normal period since the 3rd of each month well this month i didnt have one i have been really moody and extreamly emotional and i have been nausa and aint been able to sleep and peeing alot but i took 2 pregnancy test and they both said negitive what should i do? why is this happing to me? if anyone has any advise please feel free
ok i posted earlier and if u miss it here it goes im 25 have 3 kids had my tubes tied after the 3rd one during c section well i have had a period every month on the 3rd well this month i skiped and i have been have pregnancy sympons i have been peeing alot nausa gained 7 pounds skipped period sleepless nites well i took 3 pregnancy test they all came back negitive but something just does not feel right and i talked to a nurse at the obgyn and she told me this is normal that she didnt think i was pregnant because the failure rate is very low they wont even see me they tell me that if i skip three months then call back but i also read that if ur pregnant in the tubes that it could be life threating this is driving me insane dont no why i got this stupid tubal in the first place
I am 24 yrs old and had my tubal done 4 yrs ago after my 2nd child everything has been going great up until last year. I went in with a large mass on my ovary, I had alot of pain in my lower stomach once they removed the mass I was back to doin great. Then I missed 2 periods about 4 months ago started getting emotional, sleepless nights, hot alot of the time, and mood swings like crazy and got concerned about what could be goin on so I went back to the doctor, I went through so many different test and found out this last month I am going through early menopause so it is possible for you to go through it at such a young age depending on how well you body adaps to the tubal, I hope I have helped you but you really need to go to your obgyn for a for sure answer cause it could be many things! I hope you find out soon and good luck!!
I got my tubes tied in 2006 after the birh of my daughter I'm 41 yrs old however I missed my period in may and now June I took  ept test and it came back negative I'm so lost
I'm 44 years old had my tubes tied in 1989; I have never missed a month.  This year 2012 is the first month I have missed 31 days. My husband feels that we will waste money on a test and so do I.  I also would like to be pregnant because we do not have a child together but I also do not want to be disappointed because I'm not.  Scared in Wisconsin.
I'm 43 had my tubes tied in 2007 (have triplets plus one).  My last period was in November and I  am never late.  Here it is January and still nothing.  I went to a clinic today, first they received a negative result followed by a positive result using a more sensitive test.  I am scheduled to have an ultra-sound done in a couple of days.  What do you all think?    
i am having the same problem but i had my tubes clamped alost 3 yrs ago im 24 n my youngest child is 2 will b 3 march 15th i havent had my period scence november could i b pregnant? took a pregnancy test a couple days it came back negative
did you find out anything cause I am having the same issue.  I had a tubal done during my c section in 03.  I did not have a period at all in January, but started light spotting 6 days ago which is not normal for me at all. I took a prego test it came back neg, but I have all the pregnancy symptoms.  If you found out anything please let me know.
I am 27 yrs old I am a mommy of 3 boys and I had my tubes clamped in 2009. I don't have most of the pregnancy symptoms but I'm officially 5 days late and normally I'm 3 days at most late help! I've taken 2 prego test all came out neg. If it doesn't start Tuesday I'm goin to the docs!
I was just wondering if you figured out what was going on?
hello, I was just wondering if you find anything out?
I had my tubel done 2004 and im 3 weeks late what could it be
I too am having all the symptoms. I have missed 2 periods, I am tired all the time but wake lots of the time in the night. I am 41and had my tubes cut and tied in November 1999 after birth of 3rd child while having c-section. I have to have a fan in my room at night coz of hot flashes. I took a pregnancy test about 4 weeks ago which was negative, I really wish I had never been sterilized, biggest mistake of my life. Im gonna make an appointment for Dr for next week and will.keep.u updated, I wish earlier posters had done. Good luck all.
Well I have my Dr appointment today at 3pm BST. Fingers crossed it's something non serious! :-S I'll update later.
Dr appointment update, Dr took some blood and did a pregnancy test, test was negative. The blood to test my thyroid, hormone levels and blood count. He also had a good feel of my abdomen, nothing unusual there.
I'll post again when I get my results of blood test back. xx
i had a tubal done last Feb after my fourth baby which i have regreted Doug since April of last year when my baby boy passed away in his sleep but now i have been feeling really nauseous when i eat i have had horrible heartburn and this am i wiped and their was a darkish colored blood on toilet paper just a little and only happened just that one time idk what's going on but wld love some advice or anserws
HELLO IM WONDERING IF U COULD HELP ME U HAVE HAD SYMPTOMS LIKE ME. IM 42YRS OLD MY CYCLE HAS ALWAYS BEEN REG ON TIME AND NOW IM 9 DAYS LATE I TOOK A HPT AND IT WAS NEG AND I HAD A TUBAL 19YRS AGO. I HAVE NO SIGNS OF PREPAUSE SO WAS JUST WONDERING IF U MIGHT KNOW WHATS GOING ON? COULD THE TEST BE WRG? I STAY TIRED & SLEEPY AND AM HAVEN A FEW SHARP PAINS IN MY LOWER RIGHT SIDE OVER MY OVARIES. PLZ LET ME KNOW ASAP.  
I am 25 years old I had 4 kids but my 3rd child passed away in April 2011 I got pregnant again a few months later I had my youngest son in 2012 and got my tubes tied a month after my youngest now its alil over a year later and I haven't had a period since July and its October. I have gained alot of weight and have alot of pregnancy symptoms. Im freakin out!!!
I am in the same situation never been late before and now 2 weeks late. I had my tubal done in 2006 im freaking out. Don't Know what's wrong. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests all negative. But I feel pregnant
I am also having all the same symptoms as all of you. I am 2 weeks late and have had my tubes tied 10 yrs in Jan. I am 32 could this be early menopause. my periods re always on time. Has anyone gotten any answers to what is causing these symptoms
Hi I'm Tiffany mom of 3 I had my tubal ligation after my daughter was born feb 28 2012. I had it done march or April. I had my period in oct it was like my normal cycle lighter. but I'm late 6 days . My breasts hurt all over, cramping lower abdomen, lower back. Took preg test neg. went to hospital had tests done dr on call said oh it's due to period coming. But I explained to the dr I haven't experience cramping like this and pain . They did ultrasound x- ray couldn't find anything wrong. And I'm having the same issues again . Plus 6 days late I didn't know what to do.
I had my tubes tied back in 2009 after my third child i was only 22 i have not had a period since then up until october 31 of this year when i started to see spotting only when i wipe it lasted only three days and know its november and i am waiting to see if i will see anything in december.I havent gone to the doctor i just figure  i was lucky not to have a period for so long.
I am 47 had my tubal done in 95. I have always had a regular cycle except oct was irregular and none in Nov. My breast are tender I am urinating a lot more, tired all the time, I just started spotting today, Has anyone found out if it is menopause or is it something I should go to the dr. right away for.
For the past three months my monthly hasn't been so monthly... I had my tubes 9 yrs ago and up until recently I've had very strange monthlys and they don't come on time the flow differs so on so forth... Is this my bodies way of preparing me for something. Idk its just crazy...
Hello everyone! I have read so many posts about tubes tied, light or late menstrual cycles and possible pregnancies. Let me just say that "IF YOU ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM...GO GET A PREGNANCY TEST ASAP! After my third child,I got my tubes cut, burn and destroyed. Approximately three years later I found out I was pregnant.I had the same symptoms most of you described. It was a shock to me and the hospital doctors because although my tubes were NOT ATTACHED, the embryo was implanted normal in the uterus and growing normal. After two months passed, there was no heartbeat so the doctors had to take the baby. All I can write is...PLEASE take a test or go to the doctor. Your overall health is important.
I am 27 and i had my tubal last year. I haven't had a period in like 5 months.  i have frequently started to have pain in my abdomen!  its freaks me out sometimes.  i stay really sleepy during the day but can't sleep at night. its crazy and i do feel moody at stupid times.  i don't know what it could be but it is kind of comforting to see that others are experiencing the same things. if anyone finds out a reason plz let me know!
I am in the same boat i always was on a 28 day cycle before my tubal ligation after my 2nd child in 1997 After that i gradually went to a 25 day cycle like clock work with some months of mid cycle spotting now i am 39 ..(40 in sept) and i am at least 3-5 days late no discharge no spotting nothing no period symptoms no pregnancy symptoms. i think i am overly worried but what could it be. I have not taken a preg test yet but i am sure i am not.
Whatever happened?  I am going through the same thing right now.
I got my tubes tied after my 3rd child. Its been 2 years now. I have had my period every 28 days for 6 days. But this month it was late by 4 days and it was light almost nothing and it lasted 3 to 4 days. I have been feeling a lot of cramps, lower back aches, tones of headaches, tender boobs, nausea, body temp up and down, a lot more tired then usual, some time dizzy/fatigue, and more. What do you think it could be?