Pregnancy: April 2014 Babies Community
can I lay on my belly?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2014.

can I lay on my belly?

hi, I am 6 weeks an 3 days pregnant I am very nervous that I am going to Hurt the baby if I lay/sleep on my belly, but sometimes I can't help it and wake up to find myself on my belly or do it without thinking, will I hurt my baby?
Tags: belly nervouse pregnant lay
your only 6 weeks :) you CAN lay on your belly :) worry about the baby when there is a bump, then don't lay much on your belly :)
Not until baby gets bigger.  I've had the same issue because I'm a stomach sleeper.  I've asked my doctor if it would hurt the baby and their response was no. Usually, once you get into your second trimester is when you really want to avoid it.  But if you don't feel comfortable sleeping on your stomach, you can always try putting a pillow in front of you when you sleep and try holding on to it throughout the night.  Right now, if you wake up on your stomach, it's not going to affect baby.  EVENTUALLY your belly will be too big to roll over. Lol.  Hope this helps...
thank you :)