Pregnancy: Aug 09 Babies Community
stuffy nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2009.

stuffy nose

So my son has had a stuff nose now for about 3 days.  I don't think it is a cold bc he doesn't have a fever or coughing or anything like that.  I use the bulb syringe to get as much out as I can multiple times a day.  Anyone have any suggestions on anything else that will work??
humidfier. this often happens as the colder, drier air sets in. it's the same minor congestion an adult might get, but because their nasal passages are so small, and because they don't sniff or blow to clear it like we do, it seems much worse.

don't use the syringe too much, as it can cause more stuffiness. if it's really bad, you can use saline drops and the syringe.
It could be a cold.  Cash never had a fever with any of his colds except the first one for one day but it was the same day he got shots and that is what caused the fever.  He also usually doesn't start coughing until the end of the cold.  His typically last 7 to 10 days.  The bulb syringe is great, just be sure to buy some Little Noses saline drops to keep it moisturized bc when you suction you pull out all the moisture.  Also when he isn't full of snot and boogies but you can hear that he is stuffy you can just put a few drops in to help thin it out and help it drain.  I also use a cool mist humidifier at night and that makes breathing much easier.  I also keep him elevated while he sleeps and try not to put him flat on his back too much during the day while he is stuffy bc it makes it harder for him to breath.  Hope this heps.
my little guy has been 'stuffy' ever since he came home - poor little guy! I have just used the bulb syringe w/saline drops, plus the humidifier off and on and it seems to work ok. The stuffiness just comes and goes... its annoying