Has anyone had a flu vaccination?
Hi everyone.

I'm in the UK. The NHS now recommends that all pregnant women have a flu jab. The midwife told me it was safe, but I'm hesitating because I don't like the idea of doing anything I don't need to. She told me the risk from flu was tiny but a small number of women had had serious problems in the past (like 7 in 10,000 pregnancies) and therefore it's better took be safe than sorry.

This is my second pregnancy in six months - first ended in miscarriage. I've had a lot of pregnancy symptoms this time but otherwise feel healthy and haven't caught any of the numerous bugs that have been circulating this winter. I'm just nervous about doing anything when this far it seems to be going okay!

I'd be really grateful to hear from anyone who's had a vaccination and what it was like e.g. did it make you sick, any impact on your pregnancy.

Thank you!
Hi hun
I am also in the UK and they told me the same. Personally I have chose not to have it and I have a friend who has 3 kids and has never had it either. I guess it's ultimately your choice xx
I am a teacher, so I get my flu vaccine every year. I've heard the getting the flu while pregnant is way worse and potentially harmful to the baby. There are signs all over my OB's offIce saying you can get vaccinated any trimester. I got the vaccine before getting pregnant, but indicated I was trying to conceive on the intake form. They gave me a preservative free version because of this.
I have also chosen not to have the flu vaccine. They have never trialled flu vaccine on pregnant women so I'm not taking the risk! Far to many other toxic substances in that vaccine that make me worry! It makes me angry really as they say don't take aspirin or painkillers other than paracetamol but hey want the flu vaccine? Grrr just take your prenatal vitamins , wash hands all the time and try stay clear of anyone who is sick x
I got it.  Getting the flu while pregnant is not fun.   If you don't normally get it then don't but nothing wrong with getting it to try to prevent it.  It won't cause any harm to your baby.
Am 3 months pregnant and they gave me the flu shot.  I had no symptoms.  Of the doctor says is safe than it is. I had 3 shots they did not recomended till after birth. If you get really sick you might regret it
I do not get them and nor does my family. We haven't had any flus but a minor cold this year and they say it's bad. We just do good hygiene and I Lysol the lights and knobs often In Our home.  I have had two bad reactions before being preg and refuse to get them and once I did more research on it and spoke to more coworkers health care professional I learnt more and feel good about my decisions