Pregnancy: Feb 2010 Babies Community
yeast infection an spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in February 2010.

yeast infection an spotting

hi so im 9 weeks and 3 days pregnant and today @ about 1200 midnight i went to the bathroom an when i wiped myself i had very light pink blood an it burned really bad i dont know if its because the yeast infection i have then about 400 in the morning i went to pee again it didnt burn as bad then there was 3 spots of dark blood i got really scared but decided to wait because i wasnt feeling like cramping or nothing so then the rest of the time i went to the restroom i wasnt bleeding any more an it doesnt burn as bad so should i be worried is something bad gona happen? please help i dont know if this is becauese the yeast infection plus that night i did have intercourse so idnt know.. i tried calling my doctor but he wasnt in ive been feeling nauseas im just really worried an sad i dont want nothing to happen to my baby please help!!!!!!
Hi there,
Intercourse can cause alittle irritation and spotting can occur. Do you just have the yeast infection? Do you think you could also have ablatter infection aswell?
I've read that you should contact your doctor if you feel burning when you pee, but I don't know why.  Maybe it's a bladder infection.
well the doctor just told me i had a yeast i dont know if i could have a bladder i pee alot but isnt it normal? it that bad thogh should i be concerned?? iam i going to miscarry??
You definitely have burning when you urinate with a bladder infection, if its severe enough you can even pass blood. Then again if you have a severe yeast infection or vaginitis you can bleed too.
I get my fair share of bladder infections, some where its been so severe that I had blood passing.
A bladdar infection makes you have the urge to pee yes, sometimes it feels like a sharp pain as your releasing urine, depending on the severity of the infection. However, being pregnant you have frequent urination anyhow so its hard to say. I would go in the doctors or even the e.r. and they can check your urine right there in minutes. If you have one then they will prescribe you antibiotics and no it wont harm your baby, I have had them with both of my previous pregnancies and everything turned out fine. It probably wouldnt hurt to see your doctor and then put your mind at ease too. Get yourself some cranberry juice if you can stand it, but make sure its not the cocktail juice.
well would you then reccomend for me to go to the e.r. because my doctor wont be here all next week i left a message but i dont know till when they would get back to me so wat would you reccomend for me to do???
I know I would, if it is the begining of a bladdar infection, in a weeks time it could get alot nastier and make you very uncomforable.
Also it will put you at ease. Did you take anything for the yeast infection? creams or anything?
yeah the doctor gave me a prescription for it it was like 3 pills i have to take 1 every 4 days i guess it stays in your system for several days... it said it could take about 24 hrs for the symtoms (symptoms) to go down.. do you think the bleeding affected my baby?? im just so scared sumtin bad is going to happen to the baby.. but im defentily going to go tonight...
The sex alone could have just irritated some tissues, I'm glad your going in to get checked...you'll feel alot better walking out of the e.r. I am sure. They will likely examine you just to make sure.
Let me know how things work out.
I am so sorry you are going through this... I know ANY amount of bleeding during pg can be VERY scary... but please rest assured that there are MANY causes for bleeding, most of which WON'T result in m/c. I have had spotting like you are describing already with this pg and I am only 6 weeks. The cervix gets very sensitive during pregnancy and can be aggrevated very easily. It is a good possibility that just the sex aggrivated your cervix enough to cause some light spotting.
I actually bled so bad with my son that I was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance (Please note that I DO NOT think this will happen to you... I had a SCH... I'm just trying to let you know that bleeding is not always the end of a pg) and he is here and happy and 18 months old now!!
I do agree that you should be checked out though. Especially if it was burning WHEN you peed. That is a very accute symptom of a bladder infection! Not to mention that being seen will ease your mind. I don't usually suggest ER's though if you have ANY other option. The Dr's there aren't trained to handle OB situations very well (from my experience) and have attendency to upset us momma's when its not neccessary. If your Dr. is out (s)he should have someone that is covering for them... Do they have an after hours #? Most Dr's do... Or maybe you can see the covering Dr, tomorrow if you are not still bleeding or cramping or burning??
If your Dr, does not have a way to contact them in case of an emergency you may want to look into finding a new Dr. if possible... Not trying to be rude... but what would happen if it were Feb and you were in labor??
Try not to worry mama... I know PLENTY of women that had spotting/bleeding and went on to have perfectly healthy babies! (((Hugs)))
thanks so much an yeah no they dont have after hours i just get freaked out really easily with my son i was always worring that sumtin was gona happen im just so scared but im trying not to worry to much cause i know its bad for the baby thank you so much for your words though yeah me to i have had BAD experineces with the ER before my son i was pregnant i had a miscarriage when i was 16 weeks an went to the ER an never got seen after waiting there for an hour had to drive to another hospital like 20 minutes away by that time it was to late that was the worst day ever but then i now have my son he is 20 months old and iam pregnant again an exited to bring anothe member to my family... im just so worried im not bledding anymore an it doesnt burn anymore it just really scared me so im thinking it was the intercourse an the yeast infection idnt know hopefully i can probably maybe find anothe doctor who i can reach or a clinic that actually has an after number or sumtin ya know i pray every nite for my baby to come safe in this world and for my pregnancy to go well....