Pregnancy: Jan 2011 Babies Community
anterior placenta

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2011.

anterior placenta

i have been told by my widwife i might have an anterior placenta and that is why its harder to hear and find bubs heart beat has anyone else had this same problem and if so when were you able to feel bubs movements im 16 weeks 3 days i will have it confirmed by scan in few weeks at my 19 week scan
I have an anterior placenta aswell and I've only just started to feel the baby kick, I'm 19 weeks today. Two of my friends also had anterior placentas, one started to feel movement at 20 weeks and the other at 21 weeks. This would also be why the heartbeat is hard to detect, due to the placenta being in the way. I wouldn't worry about it, you will feel bub moving before you know it! Good luck for your scan!
thank you so much im worried all the time over this i just want to feel movement to know its ok
I was also told I have an anterior placenta. The u/s tech said it would take alittle longer to feel the baby since he has to be stronger to kick thru the placenta cushion. Soooo I'm 18weeks 3 days today. And waiting. Had u/s on Friday and he's moving around, no doubt. And sitting on my bladder indian style. haha Was wondering why the middle of the night bathroom trips haven't eased up?! haha This is my first baby so they also said I might not recognize the baby moving at first. I'm feeling alittle bubbly feeling on upper right, but don't think thats it because it's pretty high and that's his head. So, we'll see. Can't wait!!
I was told my placenta is in the front causing the dificulties to hear baby and see baby on the last u/s that is why I am returning for the next on 9/22. But I felt movement at 15 weeks on.. so almost 10weeks of movements now!!
yeah u/s confirmed placenta at the front but im not worried now as bubs is moving alot now so as long as she is moving and i feel her im not too concerned plus if doctors were concerned by it they would of mentioned it at my scan thanks