Pregnancy: Jan 2013 Babies Community
are u gonna get ur daughters ears pierced

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2013.

My daughter is 2 month and I want to get her ears Pierced but I don't no when it will be OK to do it. When do u think I can do it
You can do it after their 2 month shots my ped. said. my husband doesn't want to get our daughters done. I did a little research online and decided to wait too for a few reasons, you need to find a place that does it with single use guns, because the guns that are used in places like Claire's (in a mall) don't use single use guns, and they can't be sterilized. I also read if you get them done earlier their ear lobes might not grow at the same rate and they can become lopsided and some even get droopy to where you can pull a stud through the hole (I have a friend that can do this because she got hers done as a baby), and also because your daughter may get used to the earrings and not touch them, but as they start going to day care or school, other kids aren't used to them so they become curious and try to pull on them or grab them (I read that a LOT online!) I figured I'll wait til my daughter is a little older, maybe 5-6-7ish and see if she wants to do it for her birthday or do it for a girls day, go get our nails done and get her ears pierced you know? But coming from someone who had to wait til I was 12 before I was allowed to get my ears pierced, it's MUCH more frightening if you're older, haha. There's pros and cons both ways I guess, but I chose to wait.
I had a little boy but my mom had mine done when i was 6 months and ive never had any problems with them. Hope that helps!
I was 5 when I got mine done and plan on doing the same with my daughter. I also pulled mine out too and don't want my daughter to do the same thing with her's. At least when they are holder you don't have to worry as much as when they are younger.  I agree with ktowne too
I got mine when I was 6 months old and plan to do  the same with my daughter.