How is everyone dealing with their episiotomy/vaginal tearing?
Wondering what you did to help heal and keep clean besides the bottle and showers. My child is in the nicu and I want to heal as safely as I can but ASAP as well. Not taking Percocets,but I am using the wound spray they gave me and taking ibuprofen. Please give me your step by step in something that helped you and how soon after baby was born.
It took me nearly three weeks to be able to move around without pain (my baby will be 4 weeks tomorrow) it stung so bad when I went pee, the spray and water bottle didn't help.  It got so bad that I ended up filling up my bath tub every time I had to pee and I went in there (didn't help much but it made it a little better) my doctor gave me .5 loratabs for pain and even those didn't help. I have a severe year old so I had no choice but to move around a lot which also didn't help things. The only advice I can say is to stay off your feet as much as possible, take stool softeners and maybe try to sit in a semi warm bath when you pee. Keeping ice packs in your underwear also helps a lot, the hospital provided those for me although some hospitals don't.  Not really too much you can do except give it time. It stinks I know :/ good luck to you and baby and I hope u get feeling better sooner than I did
Seven year old*
One trick my midwife taught me was to cut open the back of a diaper (at the top) and put ice cubes in it. You can put that in your underwear to help relieve some pain. I am so glad I didn't tear this time! That was one thing I was more scared about than labor itself!
Ive been so uncomfortable! I believe they said I had a fourth degree laceration, its been a week now. Im going to drs tmw to get checked out. The pills have been helping, so have the ice packs. For me using the squirt bottle with some warm/hot water feels really good! Staying off your feet as much as possible is what they recommend.
I had a second degree tear and bilateral tears. It has been one week and it still stings to pee/sneeze/cough/sit in certain positions. BUT the squeeze bottle helps and witch hazel pads are supposed to help. I am able to get up and do just about whatever I like but I have to sit and rest every now and then cause the pain will flare yp
I'm in the same boat!  I've been using the spray bottle, sitz bath, hydrocortisone creme,a spray that kind of cools the area n motrin.  I was also lucky enough to get horrible hemorrhoids so they prescribed rectal suppositories for those!  I'm a week out and it still hurts to sit directly on my bottom so I've been sitting on my boppy pillow.  Good luck
Does anybody else feel like their urethra is swollen. That's what is hurting me the most and I am guessing it's from the catheter?