Can you loose weight safely during pregnancy if you are obese?
Hi ladies! Anyone else here a big girl? I'm overweight and 13 weeks pregnant and feel like I'm the worst mother in the world already by not being thinner & healthier before conceiving. Has anyone on here managed to loose or maintain their weight while pregnant? Is it safe?
You should discuss with your dr. My dr said I'm safe if I don't gain any during pregnancy but I shouldn't try to lose weight while pregnant. I'm watching it close & trying not to gain too much.
Hello! I was in the morbidly obese category during my first pregnancy, and lost 30 lbs. Some of that was due to severe morning sickness, but I also started exercising more(lap swim and walking) and chose more consciously what I would eat.  I would definitely talk to your doctor to be sure, but I had a good experience exercising more and eating healthier while pregnant.
I gained alot of weight in the last 5 years due to depression. I asked my ob the same question. She told me that I should be eating only about 300 calories extra for baby and exercising moderately for me. At 18 weeks I've only gained 3 pounds and she is happy with that.
I'm not super overweight, but my bmi falls into that category. I'm 5'1" and 145 lbs. I am 19 weeks and down one pound from the start. I'm not a particulary healthy eater, but I'm not craving sweet food at all. I'm also pretty active since I'm a teacher.

There are websites that you can input your information on and they will give you recommend weight gain.

Mine is 15-25 lbs.