Pregnancy: June 2010 Babies Community
pPROm: water broke at 29.5 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in June 2010.

pPROm: water broke at 29.5 weeks

My water broke monday. I am at the hospital..i have recieved a round of steroid shots to help the baby mature. I am recieving antibiotics to prevent infection. I also had something put in my IV to prevent labor from happening too soon. They don't want me to deliver until 32-34 weeks.. I have to stay here to then. Anyone else ever went through this...?
Tags: PPROM
No, I have never been through that, but I hope the baby can hold oiff a few more weeks.  Are you feeling ok?  Were you at high risk for pre term labor for any reason?
I wasn't at high risk for preterm labor. At my doctor's visit everything was normal. I was suppose to have another doctors visit April 19, but my water broke randomly. I'm feeling nervous and all kinds of confused and just hoping that my baby boy comes out healthy.
How are you doing today?
I'm doing okay I guess...I'm really frustrated and feel like crying because all of this is going on...They're getting ready to hook me back to the baby monitor to check the baby in a few...
I am sorry you are feeling sad.  I think you and the baby will be just fine since you are in the hospital.  The longer the baby is in, the better.  It just stinks to have to be in there for so long.  Is someone in your family able to help you with whatever needs to be done.  Let me know how you are doing.
I had prom with my last three, my 30 weeker I did not go into labor for almost 3 days then they had to take her emergency c-section cause she was not moving. My water level was good though when they did the bio physical profile by us. I know how scary it is and frustrating to be in the hospital. BUt as they told me every day the baby stays in you saves them one week in the NICU! Stress does also help release hormones to develope the baby faster, I know this by 4 preterm babies! So you know the outcome, my 30 weeker weighed in at 3lbs 8oz and was only on a partial resperator for 10 1/2 hours thatnks to the steriod shots for the lungs and came home at 3lbs 15oz in 14 days. So think positive, she is now 10 years old and has no delays or handicaps and is in eccelerated classes and knows three languages, well first year into three:) I know I brag but goes to show how much is out there to help them be OK at that age. Hope the baby is staying in there even though mom I am sure is stir crazy. Best of luck to you!