Pregnancy: June 2012 Babies Community
just quick update.....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in June 2012.

just quick update.....

Hi ladies!! I am so happy to hear that most of you have had your lil ones already:) Just a little update on whats goin on my way. I will be 38 weeks tomorrow, and went to dr last week and she told me tht my cervix was startin to thin and she could feel babys head, Went back monday and told me still no change in cervix or no dialation but babys head had dropped a lil lower, I never experienced this with my first 2 children, where dr could feel babys head, It kinda freaked me out at first, lol but I go back next week and I hope and pray tht I am at least a lil dialated so tht she can strip my membranes. But I am so ready to meet my lil man. I have been tryin everything to go into labor, but nothin yet, wish me luck:)))
My doctor can feel baby's head since 36weeks. Dilated to 2cm since 37 weeks and was total I'm 70% effaced at my 39 weeks check up but still only 2cm. Doctor said Sex, walk and spicy food, lol. Haven't try sex yet, keep thinking if doctor can feel baby's head with her finger, should I let hubby poke around in there?! I'm sure it's fine but I just can't get that image out of my mind. Not comfortable with the idea still >_>...
Good luck!!!
X
@ babyiish thank you!! and helen yeah i def know how ya feel bout the sex thing, my dr told me it was totally fine but how i do not know..lol I told my husband and he was really freaked out about the idea of having sex..lol but I have been doin a lot of walkin and keep on havin these "lightin bolt" pains down there so i am hopin they are doin some good:) I stay on my feet a lot anyways because of my 1 yr old so i am hopin tht helps instead of hurts..lol but good luck to u and hopefully u will have ur lil one soon enough:)
Hey, sex will help!! Tell your husband that the longer he puts it off, the longer he'll have to wait!!!
sounds alot like me :/ i know its frustrating... i went for my 39 week appt last tuesday and i had no dilation at all to do the membrane strip that we had planned but she could feel babys head. ive been trying everything i can think of! by the time she comes out, im gonna miss all the cute newborn stuff and she'll already be in her terrible twos with my luck so far! lol! fingers crossed for you!
yeah I have finally talked him into havin sex, lol I told him tht it wld help and assured him best I could tht it wasnt goin to hurt the baby. I know the wait is so agonizin, i hate it, the closer it gets the longer it takes. @ firstuterally hopefully things start lookin up for u, has yr crevix startin to thin any? My other 2 kids were late but they were both also girls,,lol this is my first lil boy so i am prayin he may not be as stubborn as they were and either come on time or even better just come early.lol but good luck to you as well:))
my cervix is just now starting to thin at 40wks and my Dr doesnt think she will come this week so she set an induction date for monday. i have been trying everything and it is sooo frustrating. i hope you start having better luck than i am! lol.