Pregnancy: June 2013 Babies Community
Baby head down?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in June 2013.

Baby head down?

I went to my dr appointment (I'm 32+5) yesterday and my dr said my little boys heart beat was great and he was growing right on track! She also said that he is head down still. He's been head down since 28 weeks does that mean that he is wanting to come early or is it normal for him to just get comfy in that position?
It's normal for him to be in that position. Docs don't worry about it until 36 weeks, since that's when it gets super tight in there for them to move. My bambina has been head down since 28 weeks too. I'm 33 now. Less than 7 weeks to go...Wahoo!
Yay we're getting so close :)) cant wait to meet my little man
You guys r so lucky...my lil girl is head up (33wks) still and I'm worried she won't turn...
Mine is also same as ur hjkj2013. Baby is in breech position since 34weeks. I m now 37weeks. Tmrw have a sonography to see the baby position again else dr told she will schedule a c-section after a week. Worried. But lets see and hope for the best. Plz pray for me. :)
If you don't want a c-section, have them try to turn the baby. They do it in the hospital, around 36/37 weeks in case you go into labor, you're considered full term anyways and safe to deliver. My friend had it done. Might be painful a little to you, just have them lather oil/lotion on their hands. It's ultrasound guided, so they know which way to turn baby. Good luck.
I've also read that one of the most effective ways to turn a baby round is acupuncture.  If that's something you'd be interested in - check w your OB for the go-ahead.  Just make sure the practicioner has had experience in that sort of thing.

OR, I also heard (less invasively) that you can put a bag of frozen peas up where baby's head is and play music down where you want it to be.  Baby is sensitive to outside sounds and temps and may force her to swim down :)
Ashzens I hope yours flips!! My doctor has put the possibility of an external version out there for me but I'm still hoping she'll flip head down soon. I'll be praying for both of us LOL ..and my cousin was scheduled for a csection but when they went in they found the baby was head down and she was having contractions so she got a vaginal birth...that's my focus point...that baby can flip even if we schedule the other way. ;) Good luck!!! Let me know how it goes for you
Hjkj2013 thanks dear. I just inboxed u Plz check ur medhelp inbox :)
Believe it or not my son has been down head first mostly my whole pregnancy. Doctors never worried so I don't either.