Pregnancy: March 2009 Babies Community
35 Week Check-Up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies born in March 09.

35 Week Check-Up

So I'm 35w1d today.  I went for my check-up and he did my group B strep test and checked my cervix.  I'm 1cm dilated and 50% effaced!  I can't wait.  He said probably a week or two and our little boy will be here. I go back on Tuesday and I can't wait.
wow! very cool.....he might be an early bird then?
Yeah.  My son was too, he was born at 36w6d.  I'm so ready.  I've got problems I never had with my other two. I'm swollen from my thighs to my toes, my fingers too, I've got some itchy rash thing on my face and legs, not to mention just the general uncomfortableness (if that's a word lol) of being pregnant.  Plus my brain has gone to MUSH.  I couldn't comprehend a darn thing I was reading at work yesterday and getting looked at like an idiot.  I'm so ready for this all to be over!
good news....that is so perfect.
well ladies went to my doctors appointment too and I am not even near to being dilated and I am in my 37th week.  I guess I need to get my *** off the couch and do some chores LOL.  I am happy for mami2karina.  that is so cool you must be nearing the big day then.  
I'm sorry there's nothing going on.  Is this your first baby?  I know with my first there was NOTHING going on until my 39 week appointment and I was sooo disappointed.  But he did a membrane sweep that day and my water broke a few hours later!  I was so depressed when I had to make an appoinment for AFTER my due date.  With my son I started dilating at 35 weeks but wasn't effacing, but I had him 1 day shy of 37 weeks.  So my doctor thinks that's what's going on again.
Yayyy thats good news! Sounds like your on the right track! You could be welcoming your little one a little early! I know how ya feel too.... I think we are all just about done on here LOL and uncomfortable! But would do it again in a heartbeat!!!
I just went for my check up and had to do the group b strep test . I had to do it my self ! they gave me the swab and i had to insert it first vaginally and then in my rectum ! Do you know how hard it was to reach my bum ! lol.... I was in the bathroom for 15 minutes !
OH WOW! That is sooo weird! I just had mine a week ago or so and the dr did it himself! LOL I can soooo imagine how hard it would be to reach way back there to swab!