Teething
Anyone else's baby teething???

Blake just started screaming her head off this evening. I checked her all over to make sure there wasn't something wrong with her and I couldn't find anything. Then I tried feeding her because sometimes she gets  really ticked if she is hungry and you aren't giving her food right that second. Then my husband rubbed his finger along her gums and she quit screaming...but that was the only thing that worked. I have never heard her scream like this. I gave her tylenol and mylicon just in case and she will not let my husband put her down. I assume it is teething..but usually she chews on her hand and fusses if her teeth are bothering her and she didn't do it at all when she was screaming her head off.

Anyone else know about this? Experience this? Any advice on how to make it better for her?
Sounds like she is teething Amy! When my first started teething I didn't know what was wrong... couldn't figure it out until I started rubbing his gums too. If you go to the store they often sell little teethers for babies that you can put in the fridge, or you can use a cool wet washcloth. The coolness will make her gums a little numbs and help with the pain. Infants Tylenol, too, is a good choice to help her. The first teeth are bad just because you have never gone through it before, but the molars were the worst with Micah.... he screamed for two weeks straight until they came in.

Oh! I cannot believe that she is teething already! When Micah got his first tooth I cried because I didn't want him to grow so quickly!; )
It is sooo sad to realize she is growing up! I am happy that she is..but I just see time flying by and it is sad.

At about 2 months Carter had a tooth come up (it is not through but you can see it) I do hear sometimes they will come up and down a bit, at that time he started drooling like crazy and hasn't stopped

This week he is insanely fussy (not normal) and i have to wonder if maybe he might begining to teeth but i can't see anything yet (redness or the white of a tooth like i see with the other one). He is constantly chewing on his hand though and drooling even more
Leighton has been teething for about a month, but no actual tooth yet.  You can see and feel the tooth on the bottom, but it hasn't popped up yet.  We give her those teething rings you stick in the fridge.  Those are WONDERFUL!  

Also, even though it might be time for her to eat, she may choose not too.  For some reason, when Leighton's gums are bothering her she won't eat.  So, look for that too :)
Same with Hayden -- and here is something my sister recommended - take a baby washcloth and soak it and put it in the freezer -- they LOVE to suck on this and it numbs their gums. After you wet the cloth, pull it to a point like a cone.

Happy chomping!

Teething also supposedly causes diaper rash and fussy eating! OH JOY

BTW - which are the first teeth to come in usually? Top or bottom?
I am not too sure.  I want to say bottom, but I don't know for sure.
Bottom teeth first
Yes.... bottom teeth first! And it does sound like your little one is teething!! Noah has been teething for a month or so.... I can see the tooth too but it just hasnt came out yet! I have tried the wash cloth and noah does like it!!! He wont take a teething ring though :-(

Teething can also cause runny poo, fevers, diaper rash, and a decrease in appitite (sp?) UGH like our little ones dont have enough to go through just cutting the teeth LOL poor things!
just lots of drool....no teeth yet