Pregnancy: March 2011 Babies Community
Elective c-section.. first child?kinda long but need opinions/help!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in March 2011.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Elective c-section.. first child?kinda long but need opinions/help!!

hi! im 38 weeks and 5 days with my first child.. a boy :) and i chose to have an elective csection on 3-22-2011..my due date was 3-25-11 so i would be almost 40 weeks anyways... reasons are--high level of anxiety about all the risks /problems with vaginal birth..prolapsed cord,strangulation on cord,needing an emergency c anyways,bones breaking on him coming out,tearing, incontinence, overly long labor, and the most i guess unimportant one is how long it takes to 'get back to normal'... any1 had csections (elective or emergency) with there first? how did it go? how was recovery? the reason im asking and second thinking myself is some overly opinionated lady today was like putting me down terribly and telling me how me and the baby could die during the csection and its such a high percentage, and im going to get an infection... what is the likeliness of this? please dont be rude i have already been crying all day since i seen this woman because thru this whole pregnancy i was worried about m/c than got past that obviously, and now stillbirth and neonatal death were already constantly on my mind and she made me feel horrible... SORRY SO LONG!!