Pregnancy: March 2013 Babies Community
maternity clothes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in March 2013.

maternity clothes

Hey Ladies!
I'm 12 Weeks right now and feeling very bloated..or showing a little?
Anyway when should I consider buying maternity stuff? Feels really early but a lot of my pants feel so tight!
I'm 14 weeks now and just bought two pair of maternity pants. Last week my work pants wouldn't button and the week before that they just felt tight. My suggestion is if you do bought stuff take into account your hips and boobs and belly are going to get much bigger so plan for that.  And don't buy item that are fitting and show the bump now. There is plenty of time to do that later
Thanks sunny523 that really helps! just bought one pair of pants and one skirt, thats it for now! PS i can now only fit into my "fat" pants lol!
ive had to stop wearing any pants with buttons. my fat shifts so much from walking/sitting that any pressure to my pelvis area HURTS! So, i got a few maternity pants with elastic and i'm ok so far. I know from my daughter that buying a lot of cloths this early on can backfire since you really dont know HOW big you'll get. However, post partum, i wasnt able to get into my regular cloths, so i wore my "early weeks" maternity cloths just fine.
update:
thanks logigirl! I hear you on the "fat shifting around" part. I feel the same way. I can still fit into most of my "fat pants" but none of  my normal pairs. And i have a few stretchy jeans and leggins so i should be ok for now
youre right buying lots of maternity clothes now makes no sense even though im really tempted to. They are so damn expensive too! (At least the cute ones!) I got my eye on a few things on ebay though :)
PS 13w4d!
i do my maternity cloths from the second hand store. i refused to pay a lot of $ on cloths i would "only wear for 9 months"!!!
good idea! Im checking out ebay!
FYI: the gap n old navy have nice selections...the gap had an extra 30% off sale items up to 75%...I was told to buy a belly band for now n wear leggings/sweat pants....I couldn't fit my pants before I got prego due to my hips getting wider since I hit 27...
I've gotten all my maternity clothes off of eBay , and even some baby clothes. You can find a lot of things that are new with tags.