Pregnancy: May 2012 Babies Community
Mucus plug/cramps/37 wks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2012.

Mucus plug/cramps/37 wks

First off not I'm sure if I lost mu mucus plug. I saw a difference in my discharge but no blood.. Plus I've started dilating.. do you automatically lose it when this happens or what? About the cramps.. I've been cramping for the last 3 hours with a headache, fatigue, nausea & feeling light headed.. I'm 37 wks and wondering if this could mean he's about to come REALLY soon like this week???
You can be dilated without loosing that plug. my sister was 3cm for 3 weeks and never lost it.   You will know if you loose that though.  it was weird to see when I lost mine.   If looks like a dime sized mucus ball that was actually a little hard.   then a few hours later when i went to the washroom there was blood when i wiped.   That was wednesday night at 3am, Friday morning at 5:15am my water broke.  Trust me you will know when that happens!!! Weirdest feeling ever!  
Mine has come out now... Yesterday morning at the doctors office, ew!.. I'm almost 4cm now so i'll be heading to the hospital to have my baby this week..
I lost something similar to what u said was ur plug but no bkood either. I have absolutely no dilation when i got checked today but am in so much pain. Could no dilation mean im still far from labor?
I wish I knew for sure.. I dont think so because I wasnt dilated at all at 35 wks and I was 2cm 2 days later.. Once they start checking you you'll start dilating. Plus I walked like two miles that day and (tmi) my husband ejaculated in me which softens the cervix. when I went to the dr
tuesday I was almost 4cm so I'll be delivering soon! Hopefully tonight or
tomorrow morning if I keep dilating... how far are you btw?
Im 38 weeks now but my ribs arw killing me to the point i cant sit up or lay down comfortably laugh cough or do anything elae. Havent felt the baby move much at all for thw past two days but the dr told me it was normal.
i have the same thing.i lost my mucus plug last night when in the hospital got check dilated too 2 1/2-3 cm..and they sent me home..im hurting bad the pressure gotten worse and i havent felt her move any