curious!. please someone answer.
What happens after you get induced?
Your contractions start coming fast at a regular rhythm until you reach 10 cm. While that's happening u have an option to get pain management medications thru the IV or u have the option to get the epidural.
I went in for induction. On Friday 21st. I wasn't dilated at all but was told my cervix was very thin. I was given cervidel twice to help me dilate. I started feeling contractions and ended up not having oxytocin cos I was 10cm already. I had a natural birth on the 23rd without epidural. Bitter sweet experience! It was worth it in the end.
I was induced in the evening of  the 23rd. My cervix was long and closed. They gave me cervidil (a pessary loaded with hormone on a tampon)
By the next morning I was having regular painful contractions.
Unfortunately my cervix didn't change much with them and baby was high and once the pessary out my contractions stopped.
I then started prostin gel the night of the 24th. On the 25th I was having contractions but the cervix barely changed (1cm dilated and not effaced).
I was exhausted and frustrated that all that pain was not working. So I yielded to a pethidine and promethazine injection and had a drug induced sleep with more prostin.
On the morning of the 26th my midwife said we would stArt a syntocinon drip and rupture my membranes.  She said an epidural should help as it can be really painful.  
So I awoke feeling refreshed , got my epidural, syntocinon and waters broken.
At 3pm I was ready to start pushing.
The epidural meant the pain wasn't too bad but I could feel all the stretching and contractions still. It was good because I needed an episiotomy (cut) which would have hurt heaps without it.
Baby Sophie arrived healthy and beautiful 1hour after pushing started.