Baby shower weirdness
So my husband and i just moved back in with my mom for my second child until I join the military (don't worry we pay half of the bills etc) anyways so my mom apparently wanted to throw me a baby shower. Personally I didn't want one and I already have literally everything I need. So anyways she didn't listen and just invited all of her and her boyfriends friends. I have 2 people I invited and the rest are her Friends. This would be my first baby shower but not first child. So I don't know how I feel. Honestly I'm a nice person but I don't care about anyone. I'm respectful but I'm not interested in these people nor do I care enough to want to get to know them. Has anyone else felt this way? Or had this happen to them?
No but it's exactly the reason I didn't have one, my mum wanted to throw me one and would have done just this which I wouldn't have been happy with either. I already have everything too! If you can't get out of it I'd just show your face for a bit, smile politely then fake tiredness and retreat to your bed for a nap lol
I definitely like your kind of answer! A nap always sounds amazing to me. I'll definitely be taking that advice
What can they say lol we pregnant ladies must make sure we get our rest of course :) I've said it a couple of times now to avoid visiting people I don't particularly have tolerance for that day haha