Pregnancy: Sep 2009 Babies Community
Growth Spurt?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in September 2009.

Growth Spurt?

Mickey will be 7wks tomorrow, and over the past wk or so he has slowly moved up to eating 6oz at a time, about every 3 hrs. He also has begun to sleep alot more during the day, almost more like when he was 2wks old. Up until the day before yesterday, he had been staying awake throughout most of the day, with maybe 2 or 3 30-45 min naps, and then sleeping about 6-8 hrs at night, getting up to eat and then sleeping another 2 hrs before getting up for the day. When they're going through a growth spurt do they begin to sleep more again? I've heard that when they're sleeping is when they do most of their growing.... I'm just wondering if Mickey is the only one going through changes like these?
No Mickey's not alone... Owen will be 6wks tomorrow and he is acting the same way... more naps during the day, but his naps usually only last from like 15min to 30min, then he's up for a little while and then he's sleeping again.  I'm not sure if that's normal or not, hopefully it is... but we'll see soon enough lol.  But it would make sence, cuz we usually grow and what not during our times of sleep..
Same with Brandon,,how funny is that. He only sleeps 20-30 mins at the most during the day and sleeps almost 6 hours during the night and then wakes up again for second feeding and wakes up after two hours. I hope it is normal.