Pregnancy: Social Community
Help

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day Pregnancy issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of Pregnancy support, please visit our Pregnancy 18-24, Pregnancy 25-34 or Pregnancy 35+ communities.

Help

Hi ive just recently found out that im pregnant.
me and my partner live on our own in our own house, i am currently going onto my 3rd year at university.
however i dont know how to tell my mum that im pregnant, although i havent lived with her since i was 15 she seems to rule my life and make plans for me to follow. im sort of the black sheep of the family and everything i seem to do as seen as wrong. my sister just had a baby and doesnt know who the father is but my parents and family see nothing wrong in this..
any suggestions.
well you're going to have to tell your mom. and be happy about it because you have a baby on the way. I wouldn't worry too much about what she says. because as soon as that baby is born she will be completely different. that's my guess but good luck and congratulations on the baby
my first child was planned and wanted by myself and husband. (boyfriend at the time)i was 26 and he was 27 at time of conception and living together. when we told my side of the family our good news they were all disappointed and my grandparents practically disowned me during the pregnancy. grans reaction was "oh nooo!". they went about making sure that they told every family member in person to break the news gently. i was seen as shameful!!! they never once mentioned the pregnancy again. all of this is because we were not married.
my point being not to scare you more but to tell you that as long as you and your man are happy and excited .. stick up for yourself and if someone questions your choice/decision tell them to back off, be happy for you or if not keep their distance. as you need support around you not to be judged.
my family were very unsupportive for a long time but when they realised it was them losing out not me... they came round. and after a while i let them get closer to us again.
its your life, your choice and you need to make sure your mum knows that when you tell her. good luck and i hope my story came across as it was meant to. hope it encourages you to not be scared to tell her and be positive. its a happy time in your life so don't let others make it a negative thing. x