Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
twin to twin transfusion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

twin to twin transfusion

On Wednesday I had went to a new doctor and during ny ultrasound the doctor said I may have ttts... I got scared because I didn't want anything to happen to my babies. He says its treatable with a laser surgery. I had a thought and its a little silly but I started laying on the side with the smaller baby in hopes the fluids start going to her. But has anyone else gone through ttts and/or the surgery that can help?
Laser surgery is possible after, I think, 18 weeks.  If your babies have twin to twin, you need the surgery (there is really no "if" about it) so what you need is a definite diagnosis.  You don't want to lose both babies.
It is very important to catch twin to twin and have the surgery when possible to save the babies. I know not every state offers the surgery, I live in utah and the closest one to me is LA ,CA.  Be prepared to have to travel but know it is the best option if you have TTTS.
I went through this with my girls.  First, go to the TTTS support website- tons of info there.  We went to Philly to CHOP and had an amnio reduction- even though there is a dr in the state where I live- he is known for the surgery and I did not want that to be our only option.  We choose Philly and I think God every day we did.  There are options and plenty of good hospitals.  Please email me if you want more info.  For some ppl surgery is the best option.  Hang in there.
I was told through out my whole pregnancy that I couldn't possibly get ttts since 14 Weeks my girls are now 10 days old. I thank good every day we never developed it, but I did travel out of state to see a specialist and was seeing a high risk obgyn once a well. Best thing to do is to I inform yourself of the stages and research the closest hospitals that preform the laser treatment. I don't think laying on your side would work but if you think it will by all means tru it! Also look into protein shakes.