Pregnancy Expert Forum
15 weeks & pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

15 weeks & pain

I'm 15w 5d, & had two miscarriages last yr. Visits all been good so far. I'm scared now though. I am having slight pain about two inches below my belly button. Is this normal?
Hi!
If I was your doctor, I would reassure you that the pain is probably due to the stretching of your abdomen.  I would need to examine you first, of course.
After you have passed the first trimester, the chances of miscarriage drop considerably, so chances are you will deliver a healthy baby this time around.
No one would fault you for being nervous though!
Good luck!
Dr B
I understand why you would be nervous but things are probably okay. There are a lot of aches and pains associated with pregnancy. They come from your uterus growing, muscles stretching, and everything shifting and moving. If you are really concerned give your Dr a call. I'm sure he/she won't mind that's what they are there for.
I been having the same issue. I went to the emergency and all was fine. I noticed when i go to the washroom for 1 or 2 it releaves a lot of pain and pressure. I realise now its just body changing and baby sitting low. If you need piece of mind see a doctor. Hope it eases for you. :)
I'm 15 weeks as well . I've been having the same pains . it gets really bad where I feel helpless but I was seen by multiple doctors and had my baby checked numerous times and been told the same thing every time. The pain is from the baby growing and stomach stretching . the pain could also be from dehydration I've been told. Your body has to stay hydrated for the baby to be comfortable . but otherwise everything should be normal . good luck :)