Pregnancy Expert Forum
5 weeks spotting

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

5 weeks spotting

Has anyone experienced light bleeding at 5 weeks & turned out to be normal?
Never heard of sporting to be normal during pregnancy, id call the doctor or go into hospital.
Hi Krys,
I would definitely get to a dr or hospital just to be sure. but it could be a case of implantation bleeding...hopefully! but still get it checked. is there any pain associated with it? is it very heavy? i have my fingers crossed for you :)
There was cramping. The bleeding stopped but I still have slight cramping. After lying down I felt better but tomorrow if I continue to be worried I'm just going to go to the ER. I'm so scared. I been trying for 6 months & I still can't believe this is it. I'm still not convinced. Just worried something will go wrong
Thanks. No it want heavy at all. Light pink. Few drops. Only when I wipe.
when i was about 7 weeks pregnant i was light bleeding they told me to rest for 2 months just get up to use the bathroom, nothing else and now im 24weeks pregnant with a baby boy good luck :)
bleeds are normal. noteveryone has them of course but common. blood vessels can burst due to the movement and swelling of uterus. especially if its very light its probably fine. get checked to make sure though. i had a bleed first pregnancy and it was a blood vessel. it was nothing to worry about. good luck. x
I'm a little over 5 weeks and have the same problem. No pains but I had brown discharge and about half an hour later it was red with some brown and it happened when I wiped 3 times then it stopped and just turned brown. I think its almost stopped though. I hope it not a, you know. Don't want to say the word :/ I'm just worried but my doctors nurse told me not to worry and just rest. She said worry if I start having pains and the blood is gushing and is in the toilet
Spotting can be normal in pregnancy but if it was a lot of bleeding you need to call your doctor ASAP! Some people's bodies are different during pregnancy, it could also just mean your body is adjusting to having a baby growing inside
Hi im 4 weeks nd 5 days pregnant and ive been having brown spotting for the past fews days...i then began to have a little red then it went back to brown. Im very nervous bc ive been trying for this pregnancy and i really dont want anything bad to hapoen and of course im a worry bee..ive been so happy since finding out i was pregnant.. is this type of bleeding normal??? Im praying for the best. Please help -_-
I'm 6 weeks and had some spotting... mostly brown with the occassionally red on a pad... I was a nervous wreck, we had been TTC for 15 months!  Went to doc last monday after Easter and all looked well... implanted in uterus, sac present, cervix is closed... but hcg was on the low side:( rechecking this coming Monday but I'm nauseated off and on now and having hot flashes like my mother!!! Definitely good sign! And my spottting stopped abruptly Monday after spot and now is creamy white!!! Hoping for the best for you all! Spotting can be normal for some and not normal for others! If you are spotting, ask yourself am I cramping too? And what color is it? Remember also we can not compare ourselves to other women because God made us all very unique and different;)
I'm 6 weeks pregnant and have been spotting/lightly bleeding for almost 2 wks. My blood tests are fine and hcg levels are going up. However I've been experiencing cramps today and the bleeding stopped. I'm getting a sonogram tomorrow, I'm very nervous too!!
Hello, I'm a first timer and I'm about 5 weeks and a few days pregnant, but I am not really having any symptoms. I have missed my period and took about 5 pregnancy tests (all positive). But should I start feeling anything? I would love feedback :)
Thank you!!
You might be the lucky one who has no symptoms. I'm 6 weeks 6 days and got back ache :( good luck everyone x
The spotting could also be sometging called a subchorionic bleed. I had it with my first baby. He is nine months old now.
Hi. Today I am 6W1D. On Thursday and Saturday my husband I were intimate. On Sunday evening I found dark brown blood (old blood) in my underware. I put a pad on and have had one on since then. I am bleeding like a menstral cycle (now dark red) but I feel totally fine! Could the bleeding be the sex? The uterus expanding at 6 weeks?
I'm 5 weeks too, and had very light spotting twice. I went to the doctors the first time and they said it could be implantation spotting which is normal. It happened again, they ran some tests and I've been diagnosed with a UTI, and have been prescribed some anti biotics. It can be normal but it's best to get it checked out! I would never have thought it would of been a uti and if I had left it could of caused some serious damage! :) but it is very common. My doc said unless the bloods like a period there is usually no cause for concern.
Hi I had brown blood and severe pains I thought I had a mc I phoned hospital who told me not to worry and to come at 9am next day for a scan. I rested in bed not sleeping much! When I got up in the morn there was a lot of brown there to my shock the baby was healthy with a perfect yolk sac and strong fh and was just under 6 weeks made up. But u need to phone hospital for a scan if u experience this as not everyone is lucky xx
It does suggest you're a high risk pregnancy patient, but as long as the blood isn't flowing constantly and giving you too many problems, you and your baby should be fine with plenty of bedrest. Take it easy for a while. Dont stress over it, because stress is bad for you and the baby. But I would still suggest to contact your doctor asap to inform them and get their advice on what to do. If they believe it is an urgent situation, they will see you asap. But there are only so many ob's, and your appointment may have to wait days or weeks depending on where you're located. If that's the case, go to your local er. Stay calm through the whole process though, everything will be just fine. Just make sure you are doing what is best for you and your little nugget. :)
Best of luck!!
Hi I'm Moriah I'm 6 weeks n 6 days I been haveing spoting but only after going t the bathroom I went t the er and they tolde me I had low hormone balance n was scared it comes n go I have no cramp but has any one els have this problem
Go to the hospital. It's the best for u and the baby. I had the same, it seems because of the sexual contact I had. But the causes may be different. So. Go to the hospital.
I've had that too.
It happened to me when i was like about three months.i am four months. Now.
Still pregnant.i'm sure is normal.
i only lasted with that for like three days.
I've blessed from my nose before too.
It's your hormones  change.
I had that the first 3 months into my pregnancy but mine was very heavy. If it gets worse and you are worriex speak to your midwife or go the ER   good luck x
Spotting is normal for some women during pregnancy. It has happened to me in a couple of my pregnancies. My Dr. advised me to just rest and if it became more like a period and/or accompanied by cramping then to call or go to hospital ASAP. Btw sex can cause spotting as well as paps and endo-vag ultrasounds.
Hi ladies, sorry I took so long but I have actually been stressing out. After this post I actually went to the hospital & found out I was threatened a miscarriage so I have been on bed rest every since. Its stressful cause I still have light brown spotting. My OB said it was normal & that my uterus was expanding so he thinks I'm fine but my pcp says she wants me to get plenty of rest. So I'm going with the "rest". The only thing I'm not for sure of is if my baby even has a heartbeat.............OB says he won't check for another 4 weeks idk, I can't live with that.
Just had this talk with my ob today. Her words on the matter were, "Spotting is normal as long as it doesnt continue after week ten. Try laying down. If it goes away after laying down for a while youre fine. You only need to worry about heavy contiuous bleeding"
Ita fine, im 7 weeks and went to the doctor and the first thing they said is there might be spotting but its ok as long as there isnt a heavy flow then dont worry about it. But if it started getting heavy then go to the hospital. Ive been having spotting and cramps as well but every doctor said its alright and normal as long as its just spotting
Im 6 weeks 4 days and all i do is spot its very normal my doc even showed me where it was coming from and it was old blood if it turns pink i would be concerned
Spotting can be normal in the begining of pregnancy so can getting your period at the begining.
I spotted the first 3 months of mi pregnancy... For about a day or so... Now 6 months prego and baby is excellent..<3..
Hey, I hope you're ok. I was bleeding a little (not spotting) around 6 wks. Went straight to ER to check if everything was ok. Blood tests and ultrasound were ok. The doc told me that bleeding in early pregnancy is common although it's always good to get it checked. I'm 17 wks tomorrow. Everything is ok now and I didn't have any more bloody episodes since then. Good luck!
I think im experiencing the same as u.. im scared n worried too..
Its not always something to worry about. When I was 4 months along I started bleeding just out of the blue. I was so scared.  I made a doctors appt for the next day. Baby was fine. I had a blood clot that was stuck up there and decided to make its way down. Everything ended up fine....bleeding stopped and baby was perfect. So don't stress too much :)
I just went to emerge the beginning of the week for spotting. I'm ten weeks n had an ultrasound baby is good :-) could be from sex ?
I had the same thing happen to me today I started spot bleeding I am 5 weeks pregnant, I also had a slight pain like I was getting my period, hopefully its just the bedding, I went to docs to have a blood test and urine test to check ny hormone level, I am worried hope its all ok
I had bleeding for both this pregnancy and my last. Last time it turned out fine, just a blood vessel. I'm not too worried about it this time since it wasn't much and there was no pain. It's not super common but it is normal. Good signs are if the blood is brown (this means it's old blood, not fresh), if there's little or no pain, and if it's only a small amount, like equal to or less than a light period. But I'd check it out with you're doctor, if only to ease your mind.
I'm spotting too. It started Sunday, stopped, started again Monday, stopped, then started again tonight.It is not heavy bleeding. Its like a light pink color only when I wipe. Any suggesstions?
Yes it's normal for some women to spot at the start it's called an implanting bleed . I had it and am now 16w with twins
Hey, it's a bit of a late response, but I had this also when I was about 6-8 weeks pregnant of my second child. I went to the toilet to pee and when I wiped I had a little bit of fresh/ red blood. So I tried to pee some more, and again a bit of blood, and I was sure it came from my vagina. On the way to ER I also felt a bit of cramps like PMS. On ultrasound the doctor found an hematoma, a collection of blood in the wall of the uterus. Luckily it was not behind the placenta, which can lead to abortion. So I had a month bed rest, was only allowed to pee, this to make sure the hematoma wouldn't become bigger. Now I'm 25 weeks pregnant and hematoma was gone in 3 weeks time.
My advice is to always go see your doc when you are loosing blood, especially if it's red/ fresh blood. Better be safe than sorry.
Hematoma sounds dangerous and it is if u aren't careful.
Hi, i was 12 + 4 and had a severe bleed while in town shopping. Everything is fine with baby, just me that nearly had a heart attack. I am now 16 weeks and all is well. Brown spotting is not as bad as it is old blood, and not too much to worry about ( still check with doc though) spotting fresh blood early in preg can be implanting, so try not to worry ( check with doc though too ) if you bleed so much fresh blood it soaks a pad, go straight to hospital though. With me it turned out to be placenta previa ( placenta in wrong place, mines over cervix)  take care :-)
My girlfriend and I are having unprotected sex. Shes expecting her period, first week of the month. Its been more than 2 weeks now and still no period. We had sex few days ago and there was blood. After the intercourse there was no blood in her urine. The following day we had sex again, there was a trace of blood but not as much as the first. Is she pregnant? Implantation bleeding? Miscarriage? Can anyone help me?? I forgot to add. After we saw blood she was complaining about slight pain in there, im not sure if its cramps or what. But after lying down for a few minutes everything was all good. After that no pain at all.
I had bleeding from week seven till week nine, I had a vagina scan and found I had a hemorrhage at the base of my womb, you must see a doctor so that they can arrange a scan unfortunately its the only way to truly know, fingers crossed x x
I had light bleeding/spotting in the beginning with both of my daughters and everything was fine. I've also had a miscarriage and the bleeding was heavy with cramps. If its just spotting you are probably ok but should definitely let your doctor know.
Every one says its not normal but it is -.- don't panic spotting IS NORMAL! I seen my doctor plenty of times and it's fine... Your body is just cleaning out the rest since you wont have a period for awhile... So don't listen, it's safe. Im now 10 weeks I had small spotting days through 5-7 weeks
Cramping is pretty normal on the first trimester and light bleeding or spotting could be implantation, I had it both cramping and light bleeding (bleeding last a whole week) cramping until the first trimester was done
I bled at around 5 weeks. It was like a very light period and only lasted a couple days. I even had cramps. I thought it really was my period until I took a pregnancy test. It was just implantation bleeding though. Every woman is different. Hopefully everything worked out! (:
Call the doctor if you have any bleeding or cramping. Every pregnancy is different. Your doc will want to do an ultrasound to make sure everything is OK. I'm 14 weeks and my placenta in sitting on my cervix. My doc said I will probably have bleeding and not to have sex for 8 weeks. I haven't had any bleeding so far but it is a side affect. Its always netter to find out from your doctor to put ur mind to rest
I'm also experiencing cramping. Although I still don't know if I'm pregnant but if I am I should be at 4 weeks. The day of my period I started spotting only when I wiped. Later on that night, a gush came out and then it stopped. Thus morning the spotting began again. I don't know what to think. I don't know if its still implanting or if its a very early miscarriage or if its just my period being dumb since I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks a month ago. :(