Pregnancy Expert Forum
6 weeks

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

6 weeks
Hello I'm 6 weeks pregnant and having cramps, no bleeding, is this normal?  Up until I knew I was pregnant a week and a half ago I was on tramadol, gabapentin and mitazapine.  Are those meds likely to have caused any problems?  And are the cramp/like period pains normal?  

Hi!
If you were my patient,  I would advise you that cramping in early pregnancy is very common.  Unless there is also bleeding, I tend not to get overly concerned about it. As far as the medications, probably the lowest dosage of the fewest medications is always your best bet.  None of the medications is commonly used during pregnancy.
Good luck!
Dr B
Have a look at implantation symptoms, and id think your baby will be ok :) just check always check with your doctor about any medication. Im 27 weeks pregnant, and when I found out I was pregnant I had to stop my, medication. As there were risks involved. But growing healthy she is everyday.good luck and congrats ;)
Im 6 week also & I have the same cramping , ni bleeding But my doctor said it normal for the first pregnancy your uterus is growing :)