Pregnancy Expert Forum
Anatomical US

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Anatomical US
Hi I did my anatomical US and it shows that sonographic gestational age of fetus is 19 weeks and 4 days. However, BPD is 4.50 cm/ 19 wks 5 days, HC: 16.73 cm/ 19 wks 3 days, AC: 13.23 cm/ 18 weeks 6 days , FL:3.18 cm/ 20 wks,Cerebellum 1.68 cm /17 wks 6 days and Nuchal fold 3.27 mm. Is is normal to have a smaller cerebellum  age in weeks? What is the normal range for cerebellum ? What does the number mean? However, the report says everything is normal!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you not to worry.  ALL of the measurements are estimates because the baby can be in a position which makes it difficult to measure some things.  Also, they have a bad habbit of moving, just when you think you have the right spot.  It is very normal for some of the measurements to lag and others to be ahead.  If you have another ultrasound things may measure differently--next time the baby may have short legs and a large cerebellum because he/she has moved.
It is only when something lags dramatically--say the cerebellum was measuring 16 weeks--that would raise some concern.  Overall, it appears that your baby is about 19 and one half weeks along, and probably very normal.
Good luck!
Dr B
Thanks doctor!