Pregnancy Expert Forum
Can I get Pregnant after having 4 C-Sections??

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

I am 24 years old and have had back to back C-Sections. I had one in 2006,2007,2008 and 2009. The babies I had in 2008 and 2009 I had to give away for adoption due to the life I was having and they were unplanned as well. Now that my life is good me and my husband are trying to have a baby. We have been trying since March of this year (2010) and have had no luck. We have been having intercourse on my ovulation days and when my ovulation tests say that I am ovulating. We have had no luck. I am scared that maybe I will never be able to have another baby again because of having 4 C sections. This would be his first baby and I am scared that I may never be able to give him that gift. So is the reason I am not getting pregnant because I have had so many C-sections so close together? Oh and to keep in mind, I am healthy and have had no complications during those surgeries either. Please help me.
Hi!
That many c-sections so close together is definitely hard on your system.  It may simply be that your body is tired and taking a rest.  If you were my patient, I would do an hsg ( a test to determine whether the tubes are open or scarred--uterus too) and also a sperm count.
Since he has no kids, the problem could be with him.
I'm glad you turned your life around!
Good luck!
Dr B
Thank you so much for the response, I never thought that the issue could simply be with him, being that he has no kids. I will be soon setting up appointments to see what the issue could be, I never thought about how my body needs a rest. Maybe my uterus is still not all the way back down. But thank you!!
I am 26 years old and have had 4 c-sections. I had them 2000,2005,2007, and 2009. My husband wants more kids but I can't get pregnant and we are trying everything and he had a son in 2003 but he died at 2 mos. Of age due to SIDS... What can I do??? Please help me!!! I also have graves disease and I will be having my surgery January 3, 2010 and I have been trying since Febuary 2010...