Pregnancy Expert Forum
Chance of having a miscarriage at 7.5 weeks?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Hey Everybody.
I have a question for you guys.

To give you just a little bit of background information first, as of today I am 7.5 weeks pregnant. About a week ago on a Tuesday I had my first ultrasound where they saw the fetus and everything. Everything looked good, gestational sack, yolk sack, and heartbeat, which was a strong 126 BPM. Doctor says everything's fine and everything looks healthy. I credit alot of that to my healthy eating and prenatal vitamins and carefulness of anything I do. I was wandering, what are the chances of having a miscarriage around this time? Do you think everything will be alright

I appricate you're time and help:D
Tags: 7.5 weeks
Hi!
Congratulations!  I usually give my patients 90% chance that everything will be fine once we see the heartbeat.  I increase to 95% after week 12-13.  Keep up with the good work!
Dr B
I just had a stillborn two weeks ago. I have many questions. They "claim" it was a chord accident. The cord was wrapped around his ankles twice in an 8 figure. Can this happen?
I am so sorry for your devastating loss.  I am wondering if what they are telling you is that the blood supply was cut off in the cord, rather than the baby choking on the cord.
Hi, a HUGE congrats on your pregnancy. I will share my experience. I became pregnant in August 2010 everything was progressing wonderful and I went in for a sonogram and the first time they saw the yolk sak and a flicker but they couldnt give me a heartrate. I was 6 weeks 3 days. I went back at 7.3 and the baby was looking great and the heartrate was 149. I went back a week later at at 8.3 and they couldnt detect a heartbeat and I had a d&c. I never had any cramping or bleeding. But I think that is a rare occurance after the heartbeat so dont sweat it. You will be just fine