Pregnancy Expert Forum
Could I be pregnant, what to do...

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Could I be pregnant, what to do...

Hello, could I be pregnant? I've been on Yasmin birth control for a couple of months, I'm 18. But I'm now 4 days late for my period... Is this suppose to happen, I thought the pill was supposed to also regulate your period. I used to have,very irregular periods, sometimes a 4 month gap and then 5, and then 3 months again. It always use to change. Me and my boyfriend don't use any other type of back-up method, only the pill. I always take it on time, I haven't missed one. The past few days I've had cramping and discharge, which usually happens before my periods. What could this mean?
Hi!
I've read the follow up posts, so I know that everything worked out.  IF it is not a normal period, it might still be worth checking a pregnancy test.
Pills are not exact, so sometimes the period can come before the placebos or a few days late.  After you have been on the pills awhile, the periods can get fairly light.
If you continue to take them as you described above you should be 99% safe.
Good luck!
Dr B
It sounds to me like your period will come, it is just late. Things like stress can throw off a menstrual cycle, so make sure that if anything is going on that is stressing you out to walk away from the situation for a moment. Could it be also that you may be miss calculating your cycle? This happens often and sometimes it may take a few months for birth control to not only be as effective as they say, but regulate your periods as well. I would suggest that if you are worried about getting pregnant, always make sure to use both forms of protection.
Well its safe to say that I'm not pregnant. I got my period yesterday, very happy. Thank you for the comment it helped me ease my mind, I guess, my period will now most probably come later. And I have learned my lesson, use back-up next time to avoid such a scare :-)
I sometimes miss my period by a week or two. Its fine especially when your on birth control and I was told that sometimes it could be your lack of sleep, eating habits, or exercises. No need to worry next time! Just keep that in mind! (: