Pregnancy Expert Forum
Is my water trying to break?im not sure PLZ HELP!

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

ok Im 36-37 weeks pregnant,and ive been leaking some kind of fluid,its clear but sometimes it has some white discharge looking stuff in it. Ive went to the Dr. about it but he says it could be just pregnancy discharge, but it doesnt look like discharge, it looks just like water would but sometimes its hay straw colored. i thought at first it was urine, but i was really looking at it, and its further back and not a urine color. ive dilated to 1 1/2 almost at 2 cm last i was checked. and effacement at 40% could i be having a small water leakage? i need help with this, and i feel like im bugging my Dr. over nothing. please help me guys!
for you whom commented my post thank you for all your help, it really helps thanks!

The best way to know if you have broken your bag of waters is my being examined in the doctors office.  Your doctor can check for pooling of fluid in the vagina, the pH of any fluid in the vagina and for ferning on a microscope slide that reflects the presence of amniotic fluid.  

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
With my first child (2 years ago)  my water broke as I was going to the bathroom.  I remember doing my duty then getting up when i knew it was done and still having water like stuff still slowly trickling out.  I do not remember if it was a certain color or not.  I think it was a clear. When that happened I was only dilated 2 to 3 cm.  If your water broke it will feel like you keep peeing your pants.  :) Do not feel like your bothering your doctor. They deal with this all the time. You don't have a baby every day :)  best of luck to you.  all else fails buzz to the hospital just to be sure.
Ashlynmommy.
It sounds like maybe it could be your water leaking.  When I had my son I wasn't sure if my water had broken and they did some sort of test (I think it was a pH test) and found out it had so maybe you could just ask them to do this quick test to find out.  Good luck
usually you will lose a mucus plug before the water breaks, and that is very obvious gross mucus.  but some women lose small amounts during there last bit of pregnancy. you could be leaking water, my water was a kinda tannish in color.  this is your body and your baby, i would make the dr specifically check the ph test.  if your baby doesn't have enough water, it could be harmful.  you do what is safest for the baby. good luck and congratulations.
It definately could be your mucus plug. I lost mine a little at a time and it was a yellowish brown color. You shouldn't feel like you are bugging your doctor. That is what they are there for. I am pretty sure if it was amniotic fluid the doctor would have said something. Best of luck with your baby boy!!!
im 37 weeks and 3 days. i was experiencing the same thing and i went to the hospital and they checked for ferning under the microscope. it wasnt my water breaking. the way they explained it to me was even though i had lost the biggest part of my mucus plug, there was some still left in there and it was passing thur now.