Pregnancy Expert Forum
Lactation
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lactation

Hello,
Let me start out by saying I am due May 1, and this is my first pregnacy.
I have been lactating clear stuff since november and now I started to lactate brownish with the clear.
is this normal I thought it would be clear until a week before the baby's born.  
Related Discussions
242596_tn?1192429549
Hello,

What you describe sounds normal.  Have your ob/gyn or midwife examine you to make sure this is indeed the case.  

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
4 Comments
Blank
429615_tn?1204508080
Clear lactation of colostrum is normal but I'm not sure about the brownish color, you may need to go to the doctor just in case.  I had to wear nursing pads a few months before my baby was born because i leaked clear stuff.  HOpe this helps!
Blank
Is it brown or more of a yellowish color.  When I was about 7.5 months pregnant I started to leak a yellowish fluid.  I was told this is completely normal.  I would recommend wearing nursing pads because it stained a few of my bras.  Hope this helps and congrats on the bundle of joy!!  Good luck to you.
Blank
468911_tn?1209618018
its normal, im 32 weeks and i have the same problem and have had since week 16
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank