Pregnancy Expert Forum
Lactation

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Lactation

Let me start out by saying I am due May 1, and this is my first pregnacy.
I have been lactating clear stuff since november and now I started to lactate brownish with the clear.
is this normal I thought it would be clear until a week before the baby's born.  

What you describe sounds normal.  Have your ob/gyn or midwife examine you to make sure this is indeed the case.  

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
Clear lactation of colostrum is normal but I'm not sure about the brownish color, you may need to go to the doctor just in case.  I had to wear nursing pads a few months before my baby was born because i leaked clear stuff.  HOpe this helps!
Is it brown or more of a yellowish color.  When I was about 7.5 months pregnant I started to leak a yellowish fluid.  I was told this is completely normal.  I would recommend wearing nursing pads because it stained a few of my bras.  Hope this helps and congrats on the bundle of joy!!  Good luck to you.
its normal, im 32 weeks and i have the same problem and have had since week 16