Pregnancy Expert Forum
clomid and delayed ovulation

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

clomid and delayed ovulation
Can clomid cause a delay in ovulation if you ovulated the month before on clomid.

I have a 30-32 day cycle and last month I ovulated on cd 16-17 and this month its cd 15 and no symptoms of ovulation and cbefm is still on low fertility.
Hi!
Clomid taken in one cycle definitely CAN affect the next cycle.  In fact the cycle after the one in which the clomid is taken is usually as "fertile" as the previous one--if you follow me.
If you have not ovulated by day 16 though, chances are that you are not going to ovulate on this cycle.  If you don't ovulate, you may not have a period at the end of the cycle, and may need some progesterone to induce a withdrawl bleed.
Presumably you are on Clomid because there is some type of problem with ovulation in the first place, so you may need to re-start it with the next cycle.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
clomid is used 2 increase or inhance ovulation. As its use increases the size of the follicle n sometimes Nos 2.  Mostly ppl ovulate on 14th day of the cycle. If u ovulate lately. May b ur Dr. increase the potency of clomid in next cycle if u didn't concieve as u can concieve wether u've ovulated late.
Late ovulation is due 2 ur body bt its good that u ovulated. It means clomid worked.