Pregnancy Expert Forum
could i be pregnant?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

could i be pregnant?

i am trying to become pregnant for several years now. Apperently nothing is wrong. I was very regular all my life, 28 days. Last month my period was late 5 days but it was very light and short. Pregnancy test negative. This month I got my period 7 days earlier. It is also light, but I feel bloated and with occasional cramping on my left side. Could I be pregnant?

I suggest taking a home pregnancy test.  Home pregnancy tests differ in their sensitivity (i.e., the ability to detect the hormone of pregnancy when it is present).  The most sensitive of these are First Response Early Result and Clearblue Easy Earliest Results.  The earliest either of these might detect a pregnancy would be at the time of the missed menses (generally ~two weeks after conception).  If negative, repeat in one week (and/or pay a visit to your ob/gyn).  

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
Hi I am trying to conceive after I had an abortion in 2003, my period was due on the 28 of August 2007, and there is no sign of bleeding, I am having menstrual cramps for 2 days now as if my periods are about to come, I am feeling awfully tired, have some dizziness as well, have tender and swollen breasts as well, can I be pregnant ? What can I do to for this cramping, can I take pain killers ?
I was on birth control for three months. I stopped taking them on August 15th and then had my regular cycle on the 17th. The last three days I have had headaches, periods of nausea, cravings, some mild cramping, and yesterday I started having some pinkish to brown discharge. I have also been really moody. I just want to sit and cry. I am not due to start for another week and a half. Can anyone give me any advice?
On july 30 2007 I went to see the doc he put me on birth control.I also started my period on that day.i took the birth control for 8 days and then stopped.well i bleed for 16 days that was a frist for me.Then I think I ovalated on the 22 23 or 24.My question is when should I start my period again or when can I test for pregancy?PLEASE help Iam going crazy because I would normal start my period today!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!11!1!!one2
i would like to ask if i could be pregnant....i wear my panty and pants during sex...
well my last period was june 4th and i haven't had one since. every month i feel like my period is going to come but it never does. i took 6 hpts and all came back negative so i'm very confused. i have pregnancy symptoms on and off. mostly nausea now. i started taking prenatal vitamins just in case. cramps on and off. any advice?
i havent had a period sense july 15th besides some spotting and i have symptoms of being pregnant but the pregnancy tests came back neg. could i still be pregnent????
ok

well my breast are tender and i feel nashious sometimes and i feel like i am haveing cramps but they dont feel like cramps it feels like something is moveing inside me.
could this be a sign that i am pregnate or am i just have pre menstral cramps i have never had them befor so i am wondering.
i started feeling like this a couple days ago and it has been a couple weeks since i had sex with him
he is my best friend but i am afraid that if i am pregnate he wont be there for me or the baby becasue a couple days after we had sex he started dateing my little sister the worst thing about this is i am only 15 years old and i know that he will be a good father but with us haveing a baby together i dont know that our friendship will be the same. what should i do????

please help me

a girl thats so confused.
hunny seriously???? no u cannot be pregnant if u do not have intercorse.....lan and simple i dont no if u vwere serious or not
hunny u r 15 the last thing on your mind should be having a baby i know it seems eaiser than it sound but trust from someone who is young and has a child i am only 17. but if she leaves you for your little sis then chances are that he will not be there for you....And well he is probley to young to take care of a child anyway...but just no that there are options out there if you are...if you need any help my e-mail is ***@**** or if you would like to discuss some things that you might not want other people to read
My last period ended the 7th of August, and then I got my period the day before yesterday (August 31st)
I thought I was pregnant because of swollen/sore boobs, headaches, nausia, and left side cramps in lower abdomian.
But I have my period now, but I still have symptoms and I have been reading other girls have had this too. My period is early so I'm thinking is it possible my body could be cleaning out whats in there?
And could I be pregnant??? Any advice, or opinions on this?
My first day of my last period was July 12, 2007. I am on a 28 day cycle and Aug. 9th was when my next monthly was suppose to start. Yesterday, I thought that I started at first but I notice it was much different from my period it was a light pinkish purple color and it just spots. I have had minor cramps with it and I would be going to start my period on Sep. 6th if I would have had one Aug. I have never been late on my monthly and I have had it for 11 years now. I am just wondering does anybody think this is implantation bleeding? Me and husband want a baby so bad. Please somebody reply. Thanks I have also taken 8hpt and 1 blood test. all neg. Could I be pregnant?
Hi sweetie, I just wanted to let you know that I went through the exact same thing, several hpt's (all negative) and a blood test (negative) and I still ended up being pregnant. Problem is, I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was 8 weeks in and had a miscarriage. It was a "missed abortion" and for some reason both tests could not detect it. It was really hard on my husband and even harder on me. But we're trying again now so hopefully it'll work out. The best advice I can give you is to visit your OBGyn ASAP and ask for an ultrasound. I hope everything goes well for you and I'll keep you in my prayers. Keep me updated. **BabyDust**
Oh I am so sorry. Thank you for the advise you gave me. Do you think I might be miscarriage.
My last period began August 10. I had unprotected sex on Aug 26th. I have been feeling nausea, fatigue, breast tenderness, and have been having these twinges in my stomach that feel almost like my daughter felt when she would move in my first pregnancy. HELP!!!
Let's hope that's not the case with you...Visit your doctor as soon as you can just so that you can get the answers you need. It's definitely better to be safe than sorry. Good luck.
The symptoms that you have described are most likely attributed to an upcoming period. If your last period was on Aug 10th, the next would be due on or around the 7th (assuming you are on a 28 day cycle). In the case that you did conceive as a result of unprotected sex on the 26th, it is still way too soon for you to be feeling any movement. Depending on whether or not you are hoping to conceive, this may be anxiety-related. I would advise you to take a pregnancy test on the 7th. If the results of that test come back negative, retest in a week. Good luck.
Thank you so much for your comments and advise. I keep preying that it's not that . That would would just crash my world, well, at least it would feel like it.
i have been queasy, clear fluid coming from my nipples, have backache, and had a period that wasn't normal lasted 2 days very little clots and one day of cramps. had sex before during, and after ovulation took 2 hpt bfn. but have blue veins on my nipples and have a pouch when i wear my jeans had the cycle on 9/1/07 my cycles are normally 5-6 days and heavy. have had some headache, and been going to the bathroom al lot. am i pregnant or not
My last period was on Aug. 25th, and i had unprotected sex the last day of my cycle.. now for the past couple of days i have had strange cramping in my lower abdomen.. not on & off cramping like period cramps, more on-going tenderness. I feel like i almost have to be careful when sitting down. My pants are even too tight on my stomach.. & it feels bloated or bigger. isnt it wayyyy too soon for any of these to be pregnancy related????
im sorry actually i had unprotected sex the last day of my period & also a day or two after it ended
I would think you are probably ovulating right now. Most women ovulate about 14 days after their period.
Do you ovulate 14 days after the start of your period.. or the last day of it??
The start. So if your wanting a baby, I would say right now would be the perfect time to try.. : )  During ovulation most womens discharge is thinner. I know this sounds gross but if it kinda clear, watery and stretchy that is when your most fertile.  When I was ovulating it kinda felt like a peed on myself. I know every woman is probably a little different though. Good luck with everything! Hope everything turns out how you want it to!
alright thank you so much for your help!! :)
I did not get my period last month and this month I spotted for 2 days. I feel a little bloated and I seem to get hungry later in the evening. I do want to get pregnant and my husband and I have been trying for the past 6 months or so. Could I be pregnant?
I definitely think you should get a test
i dont know what to do the lasttime i had a period was 9 weeks ago and im already 6 weeks late for my period i was suppose to have i went to the doctor they gave me a urine test about a week in a half ago and it was negative i had been taking the pill and had a normal period the beggining of july then when i was suppose to start in the beggining of august which were the last 4 pills then i start a new pack i didnt start i had one brown spot the 2nd day nothing after because i didnt start my period i didnt start a new pack of pills usually if i missed like two pills i would automatically start bleeding but nothing my uterus and stomach is swollen the doctor did tell me i had a bacterial infection and i took amoxcillin for one week but im still bulging and they couldnt figure out why i hadnt started bleeding ive never been no more than 2 to 3 days late but on the pill i started every 24 days and bled for 4 days i dont believe they tested my blood for pregnancy but they did for other things im just not convinced that that test was correct
help?
i would say to request a blood test- they are more accurate & that will ease your mind hopefully!
I completely understand the turmoil. i on the other hand usually have irregular periods some cycles are 24 days some are 36 days. 2 yrs ago, i started taking the three monthly depot Mesigyna - bled for 3 months straight, switched to the pill not working for me got an IUD, worked wonderfully.  Had it removed after 1 1/2 yrs., 2 months ago. had a regular period now its 41 days since my last period  and 5 negative  hpts.  feeling bloated, occasional vomiting with left sided cramping pain intermittently. but not knowing if i am pregnant is driving me crazy I am going to see my OBGYN next week hopefully for an ultrasound and a blood test
well took two more hpt test first response bfn still have the clear fluid and weight gain as well as the headache and sore lower back and a little dizziness but that is it ooh and every now and then queasyiness well babydust to all and congrats to all of the soon to be mothers
I didn't had a proper intercourse with my partner but we had it with our clothes on that is with a jeans and panty on 4 months back.I would like to know if i am pregnant or not and for your information i got my periods everymonth till now but they were a bit earlier as the used to be.I sometimes feel like vomitting but it does not comes out and i have gained a little weight around my stomach area .I have done home tests and their result was negative.Can i still be pregnant??
you are NOT pregnant.
girl no you arent pregnant
i did urine tests at home but they gave a negative result and then i went for a Beta Hcg Blood test and the result of the counts were 0.0.
Can i still be pregnant?
The result given by my blood test is right or wrong...can this type of test give a 0.0 result?
But iam gaining punds near my stomach area.
Can i still be pregnant?
did urine tests at home but they gave a negative result and then i went for a Beta Hcg Blood test and the result of the counts were 0.0.
Can i still be pregnant?
But iam gaining pounds near my stomach area.
hey all, i recently got a blood test to find out if im pregnant or not but ive been reading so many girls saying all test said  neg and they ended up being preg. i had 3 neg hpt but like i said still waiting for the blood test. if anyonje can help thatd be great! i am on bc but messed up with them acouple days...i missed my period which never happens, had 2 days of bleeding 11 days after i had sex, have been starving and then have no appetite which is not like me! sometimes dizzy and really really bloated mostly after i eat but still more than usual and ive also been felling weird bubble like feelings in my lower stomach. if my mind is tricking my body into thinking i am pregnant than thats pretty good haha...just trying to get any advice youd like to share to help me! thanks guys
I got my period on september the tenth at night my period lasts 7 to 8 days my cycle differs from 21 too 24 depending last two months have been 21 days .... I had sex the 23 of october  unprotected .... I'm not sure when I ovulate so if anyone can help me and let me know if I can be pregnat or not .....
Can someone please answer me so I can know I am nervous and scared