Pregnancy Expert Forum
haven't got my period yet i know im pregnant

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

I know I'm pregnant I feel it and my belly is growing and also cuz I haven't got my period yet but I took a pregnancy test not too long ago and it said negative do you know why?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that home pregnancy tests are quite accurate, and there is a possibility that you are not pregnant.  I would repeat a blood test to double check.
Good luck!
Dr B
You may not be pregnant. There are many other things that could happen and cause you to be late or miss a period. If you end up really late with negative tests, go see a doctor. Something could be wrong with your ovaries.
But i look and feel pregnant though
If you missed your period then simply take a pregnancy test. You would not be showing in your belly yet, at least nothing but bloat. The baby isn't large enough and your uterus isn't high enough yet (assuming you are pregnant) to be showing. This generally doesn't happen until the second trimester (or roughly 4 months in). If you take a pregnancy test too soon (roughly 3 or more days before your expected period) you will most likely get a negative. However if you have already missed your period by more than a day or two, and you still get a negative, well then you are not pregnant. Those tests are 99% effective. There is a physiological phenomenon that sometimes occurs in women who secretly want to be pregnant (for whatever reason) where your hormones increase and your body (and mind) are tricked into believing your are truly pregnant. Hope this helped!
I had my body acting like it was pregnant where my breasts were huge and swollen. Took a test and came back negative. Went to doctors and said she didnt know why this happens but sometimes the body just does that. It was weird.
Hpt aren't always accurate depending on the women and her personal hormone levels.  I got 4 false negatives before I got my first positive, and that wasn't until 15 days after my missed period.
take the test a month after your missed period that will be most accurate but you'll have to wait a month not days
My last period was october 25 and I didnt got it yeat somebody help me tell me if im pregnant or not thanx
No one can "tell" you if you are pregnant. If a home test is still showing up negative I'd say you're probably not pregnant. But you can always go go your doctor and ask them to check.