Pregnancy Expert Forum
how far am i

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

how far am i

i really need some help!!! i took a pregnancy test on tuesday may 31 2011 and it came back positive. yay!!! but my problem is i had a miscarriage on march 19th and i bleed for 8 to 9 days we had intercourse shortly after i stopped bleeding...im trying to figure out how far along i might be..i havent been to the doctor yet i go for a check up from my miscarriage at the end of june..so ive never had a peroid since my miscarriage. any help would be great! thanks!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would need to do an ultrasound to determine how far along you are.  Without a period to go by, there is really no way to tell!

If you miscarried on March 19, and then ovulated 2-4 weeks later (which would be typical) you could be anywhere from about 6-8 weeks along with a due date around December or January.

More than that, I can't tell you!
Be sure your doctor checks your progesterone level (since you had a miscarriage in the past -- I would have a low threshhold to start you on progesterone supplements)  You might want to call about that, unless your visit is soon.

Good luck!
Dr B
I have been having unprotectve sex with my fiancee and i took after pill two times after that i had my periosd two times that month i continued having unprotective sex . infact i decided not to take after pill.i took a pregnacy test and it came out negative should i wait and see if i get my period this month becouse i had it last month. Is it to soon for me to know I dont know what to do. help