Pregnancy Expert Forum
possible pregnancy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

possible pregnancy

Hi, i am 26 yrs old. My last period was on october 11 and lasted dor the regular 5 dsys. It is now december 1st and i havent gotten my period yet. In november i spotted like 6 times different times. I thought each time that it was my period but nothing came on the pad or panty liner, only when i wipe it came on the tissue. Could that be a possibilty that i am pregnant? Fyi-my period cycle is 35 days...
603463 tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient I would recommend doing a pregnancy test, If you ARE pregnant, you will need to contact your doctor right away.  I suspect that your test will be negative (I am often wrong, but I need to let you know what to do IF... )IF pregnancy test is negative, I would probably check some blood work such as FSH, TSH and prolactin level.  A 35 day cycle is not considered to fall within the normal range (21-31 days) and may be a sign of polycystic ovary syndrome. I would then prescribe some progesterone to bring on your period.
Good luck!

Dr B
6 Comments
Blank
Same thing happened to me.. In september had a period.. Then october spotted.. Then november had no period.. Took 3 urine tests and they all said negative... What could be wrong? Please help...
Blank
My last  was Oct 10th. I didn't spot in November but I'm 8 weeks pregnant. Take a test to ease your mind. You can spot during implantation and done people spot during pregnancy. Good luck!
Blank
Hi , i would recommond u get a test my last periods was on the 23rd of aug and i fould out on the 10th of september i was pergerant i did 5 tests ( different brands) as i couldny belive it im only 19 but defo get a test.as it will put ur mind at eas
Blank
Well guess wut.. I took two tests... and theres a light faint line.. So yea I guess im pregnant.. Soo now I need to go to doctor.. Seee how far and if I really am... Thanks guys...
Blank
Help!
Well my periods are normal & usually on time, but on September 20 2012 I had a very unusual period it was extremely light & it lasted for 2-4 days. Didn't worry too much but then in October my period was 6  days late (26-28) & also didn't last long nor was it heavy... in November I had no period no signs nothing. It's now December 7, 2012 & im starting to think im pregnate. Which will be a blessing seeing me & my husband been trying for 2me yrs. So im 17 days late, I've been experiencing a queasy annoyance, moodiness (snappy, crying spells)  headaches, low back pain, fatigue (but sorta trouble falling asleep) , a low abdominal discomfort mainly on my left side it comes & goes. Sorta feels like a pulled muscle. I've been making a few runs to the bathroom aswell. I've took one test about a week ago & it turned up negative,  but I know I gotta be pregnate do to a lack of a period (or what seems to be) Back in 2005 when I became pregnate with my son, I don't find out I was pregnant with him til I was 8+ wks. Should I wait it out, take more tests, or make a doc appointment asap...? Be excited or not???
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703