Pregnancy Expert Forum
pregnancy symptoms, late period, negitive test

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

I'm not sure of the exact date but I'm sure my period is at least a week late now.  I'm unusually tired, my pee has a strange odor and I go several times a day, more than usual.  I thought it was a uti but the dr told me it was negitive. At work I thought we changed the soap because I couldn't stand the smell.  I had one negitive test before my missed period and one negitive after.  Still no period.. could I be pregnant?
Hi!
It is fairly common for women to miss a period now and then.  Often this happens because they didn't ovulate on schedule for that month.  If ovulation doesn't occur, no period will occur either.   I usually recommend testing for pregnancy weekly until the test is positive or until the period starts, whichever happens first.  If you call your doctor, it is possible that he/she might prescribe progesterone to start your period for you -- this works if you are NOT pregnant.
Good luck!
Dr B
I have been experiencing pregnancy symptoms for six months now I am even showing like I'm pregnant. I had a pelvic only ultrasound the end of Jan it didn't show much, I had blood test but my HCG was low so the test said neg . My doctors haven't checked for pregnancy since then my reg hormones are normal and there aren't any cysts etc.. Help
Are you saying you haven't had a period in six months? How old are you? Prior to this, what were your cycles like? Are you taking any medications? Do you have any health issues?

If you are too young for menopause, have had regular cycles, aren't taking any medications and are in good health and suddenly stopped cycling...it needs to be investigated further. If your regular doctor isn't going to figure out WHY this is happening...you need to find one that will.
I have been having the same problem..My last period was in November, it is now May. I do have pregnancy symptoms such as cravings, fatigue, frequent urination, abdominal pain, and now I feel fluttering!..I usually have missed periods, but not for this long! I did take several pregnancy tests and all came back NEGATIVE!!! someone please help!
Have you gone to a doctor? It is rare, but possible, to be pregnant and have a negative home pregnancy test. I have known several women who NEVER tested positive on a urine pregnancy test and delivered healthy babies :)

You need to see a doctor who can run blood tests and do an ultrasound (to start) to figure out if you are pregnant...and if you aren't pregnant, why your cycles have stopped.  
I have been to many doctors about this and none have answer. I am 40 yrs and my cycles are normal I have had light spotting for almost six months . I don't take any medications. I wish one doctor would do  a blood test.
I got a blood test done it was neg , I still don't know why I feel pregnant. It's frustrating.
I have been having unprotectve sex with my fiancee and i took after pill two times after that i had my periosd two times that month i continued having unprotective sex . infact i decided not to take after pill.i took a pregnacy test and it came out negative should i wait and see if i get my period this month becouse i had it last month. Is it to soon for me to know I dont know what to do. help