Radiology Expert Forum
prominent central canal seen

Welcome to the Radiology Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics covered in this forum include Breast Imaging, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound and X-rays.

prominent central canal seen

can you explain the MRI report please?

finding:
minimal disc desiccation ar C5-C6. However, no frank disc herniation or spinal stenosis in the cervical spine

prominent central canal seen in cervical spine opposite C4, C5 .AND C6 and also in upper dorsal region. However, no definite adjacent mass lesion in the visualized cervicodorsal spinal cord. further evaluation of the dorsal spine suggested.

impression
prominent central canal in the cervicodorsal region more marked in dorsal region opposite D4 with probably minimal syrinx, however, no evidence of tonsillar herniation.
Tags: MRI
This is a bit complicated, but seems like the radiologist is suggesting a possible syrinx. Go chat with your doctor about this.
Thank you Dr Eric Wang, MD. my doctor is too busy to see me. the head of Radiologist told to not worry about it. i have mild pain in my neck and upper back sometimes but could be from anything. do you think it is fine for me to work out again?