Chronic naseau and vomiting
I am a 70 yr old male and have had problem with chronic naseau and vomiting for about a year and a half now. My family doctor and my GI doctor diagnosed me as having irrriatable bowel syndrome and offered no solutions. From June 2010 unti July 2011 I lost 65 pounds including 30 pounds in 5 weeks of July 10.I finally went to the Cleveland Clinic for testing six times. They determined that my problem is not in my GI tract and that something else is making  sick. Since then I've been to an endochronoligist at CC's reccomendation who found  no problem with
my adrenal glands or thyroid. I've had a CT scan of my brain which showed no problems.  I've been ordered back to my original GI doctor. I've been on Zofran for nausea no luck.  I usually wake up sick very early in the morning and when I vomit there's no food in it, only the yellow/green vetch.  This is still happening  or four times  week.If anyone has had this problem and can offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated..
How are you? I'm sorry to hear what you have been through for the past months. Aside from GI conditions, persistent nausea and vomiting  may be attributed to these issues visceral disease, metabolic or toxic, central nervous system disease. If the symptoms persist, further evaluation may need to be done. Seeking another GI specialist's opinion may also help. For symptomatic relief, complementary and alternative medicine such as acupuncture may help provide relief. Take care an do keep us posted.
WOW! This is like reading my life!! I can really relate to what you wrote as I have the same problem. Probably four mornings out of the week I have an issue with nausea and or vomiting! I also have Zofran. I have a severe problem with my espohagus not contracting well (my GI told me that it is a common problem, but to have it as bad as I have it, is extremely rare). I am starting to have problems with my kidneys, heart and GI tract and my GI doctor is beginning to think I may have scleraderma.He's been thinking about my going to CC. I have two small adrenal tumors and I noticed you wrote that you did not have them; is there a possible connection with those? I wish I could help you more, keep us posted on how you are doing.