Rare Diseases Community
Everything is not fine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Everything is not fine

Hi, I have visited many gynecologist's in regards to my issue and have had many tests ran however all the test results show that I have no health issues.
For over a year now I have suffered from a horrible vaginal odor, profuse vaginal sweating that is hightened when I find myself irritated or working out. I also have burning, and itching.
I began this journey by using a towel that belonged to a man that had one identical to mine. After this happened I noticed he had many towels within his bedroom that he used to wipe his genital area due to profuse sweating and the towels had a fungus like or yeast like odor to them. I also noticed within his bedroom many containers of fungus cream for his genitals.
I have mainly noticed the burning and itching on the right side of my labia and within my vagina. The left side of my vagina and labia appear to be fine. I have also noticed that my left labia is now larger than the right and the left labia feels different as well.
My question now is, any idea of what I could have? What tests should I request when I do go to the doctor? Is there a different doctor that I should go to?

Please help! I know that something is wrong. My life has not been the same since these symptoms started. I am extremely embarrassed and hope not to live with this issue for the rest of my life.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Were you able to talk to the man about his medical history?  Routine workup in females of childbearing age to help determine the underlying cause include complete medical history, pelvic examination and diagnostics such as checking the pH and performing microscopy. STD panel tests including wet preparation or mount  and  KOH preparation. A fungal culture may be used if the diagnosis is uncertain. Diabetes should also be ruled out. Seek another gynecologist's opinion if the previous doctors had unsuccessful results. Take care and hope to hear from you soon.
I have a Dr.'s appointment coming soon. I will have all these things checked if possible. I will let you know the results soon. Thank you so much.