Rare Diseases Community
Home someone can help me

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Home someone can help me

I have been to several doctors with no answers.  I have pelvic pain from my bellybutton area to my groin area.  The pain hurts a lot.  Sometimes it feels like a pulling sensation.  Sometimes it feels like it is burning and other times like a tickling fluttering sensation.  It hurts when I sit, stand or lay down.  They say it is a muscle pull but have had this pain for  awhile now, like months.  Even my surgeron said it is a pull.  I have had had several surgeries in that general area.  Two c-sections, a abdominal hernia repair and and gallbadder removal.  My surgeon said he did not use mesh for my hernia repair so he does not think it is scar tissue.  I am so frustrated.  I have been to my gyno, gastro and my surgeon and family doctor and have no answers.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? I'm sorry to hear what you have been through for the past weeks. It may be due to a muscle pull but if the pain persists despite the medications, further evaluation may need to be done. Imaging studies such as MRI may rule out anatomical issues. Your history of previous surgical procedures in the abdomen may also need to be considered also. The risk of adhesions usually increase with abdominal surgeries. Hang on and get a second opinion from gynecologist, gastroenterologist and surgeon in order to get to the bottom of this.  Take care and do keep us posted.
My family doctor suggested adhensions but my surgeon said he did not use mesh for my hernia repair so he thinks it is a pull.  I have my doubts it is a pull.  Going to a new gyno on Monday.  I hope I get some answers.  Getting a sonogram. I know sonograms do not show adhensions though but getitng my pelvic area checked out to make sure there is not something going on.  Thank you for all your advise.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Thanks for the update. Indeed, adhesions are not often seen in sonograms and other imaging studies but I agree with you that with further evaluation, we may be able to rule out other conditions as well.Take care always and hope to hear any updates.
Had a sonogram done today.  They did not find anything except a very small fibroid.  I suggested adhensions to her and she definitely thought that could be the cause of my pain but that the only way to know if I had them was if I had a certain surgical procedure that might cause other adhensions.  Again, thank you for your help.  I really appreciate it.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
It is good that other gynecological issues were ruled out. Fibroids are often asymptomatic especially if they are small in size. While surgery may be done to separate the adhesions which can reduce the symptoms such as chronic pain, it can indeed increase the risk for more adhesions. Discuss with your doctor the possible management plan including pain management as well as complementary and alternative medicine such as relaxation techniques if surgery is out of the choices. Take care always.