Red bump on my leg that itches like crazy for 12yrs. now
I've had a red bump on my leg by my ankle area front part of leg, that started out looking like a mosquito bite 12yrs.ago and it itches like crazy! I mean it REALLY ITCHES!!!!
I first noticed it when I was in the hospital for the birth of my twins. Didn't really think anything of it til it just wasn't going away. Now I  have been going to a Dermatologist  but she has seen me for a 1 yr. now and keeps giving me shots for the itching but they aren't working either. It's only getting worse.  She scaled off the top part of it to see if it was cancerous but I guess that it showed it wasn't, but I'm still thinking it maybe because now it won't heal up and it 's not only itching it's not healing up at all.  What on earth could this be???  If anyone can tell me anything I'd appreciate it!!!!  
How are you? It is good that the lesion were not cancerous. Do you have personal history of diabetes? The itching may be due to irritation, infection, allergic reaction and even skin conditions such as eczema or dermatitis. If the medications do not work, inform your doctor for proper management,A change of dosage or medication may be indicated. Direct clinical examination is essential. Take care and do keep us posted.
Thankyou for writing me about your thoughts on this matter.
I don't have diabetes as far as I know at this point.  I was tested about three yrs. ago and it was negative.  But since have had a baby so I should probably be tested again.

My rash is now spreading, and is now even more irritated then ever before.  By spreading I mean it has 4 more red itches bumps around it in the same area now.
I've been to the Derm and he says it will never go away but he's not sure what it could be.
Go figure does anybody know what they are talking about-really!?
Thanks for the update. You may also benefit from allergy testing to rule this out. Further evaluation may need to be done to determine the underlying cause. A second opinion may also help ease any worries. Hang on and do keep us posted.