Rare Diseases Community
Undiagnosed-help please!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Undiagnosed-help please!

Hello everybody. I am 14 and female.
Since I live in a country that is not really famous for exellent doctors, I have been undiagnosed for months, 4 to be precise. Everyday I have a severe headache- it comes randomly and starts around my teeth and somehow on the back of my cheek near the ear and moves up till my forehead. This week its only on the right side. It lasts not long- about a minute usually and then it slowly passes. Its extremly severe and I cant really speak, or move during it. I just want to squeeze my eyes( so its dark ) and wait. I'm a little ashamed to say I cry sometimes when its really extreme.
It wasnt like that always. In January I had headaches also severe but not as much as this and only on the left side. They could not let me sleep till about 4. Medicines dont really work. Then after a few days it passes and just is for a moment and not severe at all. So practicly now is the worst.
Ive done all sorts of things. Spinal punction, brain MR, a part of spine MRI, and blood vessels in the brain and neck too. (I think thats how you say it), done EEG in awake mood. Everything ok, except a little cyst 5x7 milimeter in my brain- coroid plexus on the right side. What else... all kind of blood tests which I dont know about. They show nothing. My thyroid Gland is a bit bigger than usuall and im diagnosed with lymphoblastic Hashimoto thyroiditis ''in the making'' so I dont need medicine yet.
Ill shorten up now... I have torticollis to the left. Minimal ptosis of my left eye and really minimal on my lip. And I have temperature in the head (ears)- all doctors complain about this thermometer but everybody else from my family has normal so why would I have temperature then? It goes from till 39 in the morning and slowly passes as night comes, but is never normal.  Also in Romberg test i lightly ''fall'' to the back
-----I've got my eyes checked if matters.  My last hope is on monday- one neuropediatrician. After that they say they dont know. Would it be a good idea to be checked in Germany as some of my family live there?
Anyone think of any diagnosis?
The level of thyroid hormones in the body influences nervous system control of the eyelid position and decreased nerve stimulation of the eyelids associated with hypothyroidism leads to eyelid drooping (ptosis). As you have diagnosed Hashimoto's thyroiditis, this may be the cause of mild ptosis.

Trigeminal neuralgia (TN) is the most common type of neuralgia, also known as tic douloureux. TN is resulting in intense and extreme episodes of pain in the face lasting from a few seconds to several minutes.  Known causes include multiple sclerosis (MS) or tumours pressing against the nerve.

Vitamin B12 deficiency is another cause of facial neuralgia. This deficiency is very common with hypothyroidism due to insufficient stomach acid (lower metabolism slows the production of stomach acid) but highly misdiagnosed due to far too low a reference range. From Wikipedia...

"Romberg's test is positive in conditions causing sensory ataxia such as:

Vitamin deficiencies such as Vitamin B12 (cobalamin)
Conditions affecting the dorsal columns of the spinal cord, such as tabes dorsalis (neurosyphilis), in which it was first described.
Conditions affecting the sensory nerves (sensory peripheral neuropathies), such as chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP).
Friedreich's Ataxia"

Friedreich's Ataxia"
Thank you very much!