dercums disease...... how many of you have this on here?
i am still pretty new to medhelp. and i have Dercums Disease. so i was wondering how many of you on here do actually have it.... or think you have it. i was diagnosed with Dercums Disease feb. 13th 2009. it was a happy and sad day for me. happy that i finally had a diagnosis. but sad that i had it. i have been sick since i was 5 or 6 years old with so many many issues. so turning 28 and almost dying and then finding dercums disease on line and taking it all to my dr. and getting diagnosed was a lot to take in for me. but i have mad a lot of friends on 2 support groups for it. and on facebook. glad we are getting the word out there more and more. if you have Dercums and would like to be my friend on here. just ask. hope to hear from people who have DD very soon
HI I HAVENT BEEN DX WITH ANYTYHING  YET, AT FIRST I WAS UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR MS THEN WHEN I GOOGLED MY SYMPTOMS WICH INCLUDE EXCESSIVE WEIGHT GAIN, PAINFUL LIMPOMAS, SEVERE STIFFNESS ON WAKING IN THE MORNING WITH PERMINENT FATIGUE, CONFUSION,  INTOLORENCE TO HEAT, PAIN IN MY FEET ALMOST LIKE IM WALKING ON SHARP OBJECTS, PROBLERMS SLEEPING I BEGAN TO WONDER UIF IT IS NOT THID DISEASE AS IT CAME UP WHEN I GOOGLED IT, AND SOME S7S ARE SIMILARN TO M.S.
I WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU COULD DESCRIBE TO ME IF THESE SOUND ANYTHING LIKE DERCUMS DISEASE, AND HOW IT IS TREATED
i meant dercums
I have been diagnosed with Dercums Stage III and Lipedema Stage II...

Recommend looking at www.fatdisorders.org  ....there is a wealth of information and support on the website....this is a realtively new group but it is growing quickly as the medical professions are being exposed as to how to diagnose these rare adipose disorders.....
I have Fibromyalia, and, for years I start to get these lipomas, no Dr. cauld tell me why I had so.. many, Until I saw a health program, they showed a man with the same condition I have. I spoke to my doctor and he send me to a dermatologist, And he said that, I have Dercum, Now I will be seeing a specialist soon.