rectus muscle pain
my husband has recurring pain in the lower right side below the last rib. He has had every test applilcable for stomach disorders and does have gallbladder issues which are being treated, but this pain is not from gallbladder.
The pain is a stabbing or muscle pinching type pain and comes and goes.  He coughs or sneezes or bends the wrong way and the pain comes and is almost intolerable, extremely severe, if he streatches his body upward, rubs the area and other things the pain begins subsiding.  My question is this: is it possible that a tear has occurred somehow in the rectus muscle and it is opening and grabbing the insteastine or some other area of his digestive system? This probably is farfetched reaching on my part but I am wondering if some spasm is occurring that may cause this pain.
I would prefer he not have gallbladder surgery if he doesnt really need it.
How is your husband? The intestines is very much protected inside the abdomen from the muscles. It is unlikely that  a tear in the muscle will grab the intestines out. The pain or spasm may be due to muscular causes. Can you elaborate on his gall bladder problem? Sometimes, pain is referred to other parts of the body. Over-the counter pain medications and warm compress may help.  If it persists, have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and best regards.
This is interesting because right below my rib cage on the left side (usually) my muscle grabs.  If I bend over wrong , usually when I am sitting and moving my upper body down towards my lap to pick up something from floor, etc.   Hurts terribly and I have to push, pull, massage, and of course I can't do anything else while it is doing it.  can last for 20 minutes before it subsides.