Rare Diseases Community
swimming- Amoeba
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

swimming- Amoeba

I went swimming 5 days ago in a lake, i dont think any water went up my nose, but i did swallow/choke on some 2 or 3 times. I wasnt really worried until i saw the news, I live in Texas, so the lake water was warm. I thought i was in the clear until one article said it can take up to 12 days for it to kill you.
Maybe I am paranoid, but i would rather be paranoid then die in a couple of days, since you almost never know you have it until it is too late, and there has only been one successful cure for it. Should i pay to go to the Doctor just in case, or should i wait and see if i get any of the symtoms (symptoms)? What are the symtoms (symptoms)? Any advice would help, Thanks