Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Stomach Pain after surgery
About This Forum:

Questions in the Reconstructive Surgery Forum are being answered by Dr. Archibald Sanford Miller III, MD,FACS, the Associate Professor at the University of Oklahoma School of Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Stomach Pain after surgery

I had Pectus excavatum surgery on 7/22/08. After they put me on lots of drugs and when i went home i was on Nicone ( Codine mixed with tylinol *PAIN KILLER) and some laxitive pills. And for maybe the past week too week n a half ive had this constant stomach pain/sore its not very painful but its enough for me 2 notice. I havent been eating much since the surgery. I dont think im constipated but i might b. Will this pain fade in time or do i half to do somtin to get rid of it.
Related Discussions
560109_tn?1220279867
The pectus procedure is big surgery. If they removed your sternum and turned it over, or if they  placed the support bars across the sternum forcing it up, or if they divided ribs and plated the sternum, all will result in pain for several months not days. The more motion you have at this point will result in pain. The doctors should be notified that you are in this much pain, and they can examine you and reassure you. If you are constipated, this can result in decreased appetite, and a full feeling. The stomach pain you describe is not typical of this operation, so I recommend you contact your doctor Monday morning and talk to him or her.
                           arch s miller ms md facs
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank