A way to show your love
Hello Me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 3 years and he wants me to get a tattoo to show how much i love him. I do love him but i do not believe in tattoos, other then marriage how else can i show my love?
Personally I think we show love on a day to day basis.  It is all the little things we do that add up to a loving relationship.  Being there for someone, listening to them and caring about them is something that we do each day.  Why does your boyfriend need a public display such as a tattoo (or does he just LOVE tattoos?).  You could get engaged and where a ring . . . or where a locket with his picture in it.  Good luck.
I agree with special Mom i personally think tattoo are ugly  luck  jo
Simple, tell him "I Love You"...you don't have to prove your love by getting a tatoo or prove anything at all. Love is from the heart and you should have to prove it by doing things you don't want to and shouldn't have to. Let him read all these messages....he will get the message.
sorry, I meant, "you shouldn't have to prove it by doing anything at all"....good luck.
Ask him to buy a nice pretty ring for you... not necessarily something as compromising as an engagement ring. Maybe, something along the line of a promise ring. And, tell him that you'll proudly wear his ring as proof of your love.
But, as for getting a tat, I'd go with specialmom and jo on this... it's not a good idea.
You should not have to scar your body to prove your love, What kind of tattoo does he wont you to get? Maybe you can have a tattoo artist draw you a picture or write a special verse, frame it and give it to him and explain how much he means to you. May be you can follow it up by saying some day you and him could use it on a wedding announcement and it will for ever show how much you love him.With out scaring your body.    
Thanks everybody for the comments..he understands why im not getting a tattoo..you guys gave me some good advice thanks
I'm proud of you for asking an excellent question and you did  received honest, heartfelt responses from Me, Specialmom and Jo. We have have life experience wouldn't want to see you get an unecessary tatoo to prove anything to anyone. Good luck and you will be just fine :)...hugs, Judy