Relationships Community
EX WIFE CONTACT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

EX WIFE CONTACT

My boyfriend and I, 52 and 50 respectively, have been together for 9 months.  His divorced ex-wife has contact with him on a weekly basis via e-mails or phone calls at his business.  They have no kids together, and I have told him that it  bothers me that she contacts him all the time.  He gets angry with me when I bring it up.  When we happen to  be at the same social and she is around us, she always says something like this, "Don't you remember when we were there Mike?".  I feel this is very disrespectful.  He says he does not contact her and that she is a gossipy busy body, and claims that he would rather not hear from her, yet he will, get angry with  me when I bring it up.  I am thinking of breaking up with this man.  We have a wonderful relationship, with the exception of her.  Am I being silly or is he being insensitive to how I feel, and preferring to keep her contact.  I welcome opinions.
Thanks-a-bunch
-13 Comments Post a Comment
UNCOMFORTABLE.  I hate uncomfortable relationships.  This woman may be completely blind to how she's getting to you.  I know that if I broke up with my husband right now he'd still be on my mind and in my heart forever.  That's the thing about marriage, you become family regardless of the outcome.  

You dont mention the length of time they were together but there are many, many divorced couples that still have love in their hearts for one another.  They simply cant erase the past and that includes the good of it.  What made the marriage end in the first place didn't necessarily have to cause them to dislike one another, not be attracted to one another anymore, or not want to ever see or hear from one another again.

If you two are able to come to some sort of agreement and arrangement, great.  If you are not successful, I suggest that you consider dating a widow or someone who is not in much contact with that other end of his life.