Forum question!!!
So . . .  sometimes life throws us curve balls.  If you care to, share something that happened or came up that you were NOT expecting (or wanting) and you weren't very happy about it but it turned out to be a great thing in your life!  
Children. I never thought that I would be a mother of three, let alone one!  In my younger years, all I ever aspired to be was a free spirit.  I loved working hard and playing hard, and children just never fit into that game plan. As corny as this sounds, when I had my first child, I figured out what had been missing in my life ~ a family!  Now I can't imagine life without them  :)
I had a professional situation in which I really was upset about how things were going . . .   and then made a change which made me realize how much better things could be!  I'd not have guessed as I already thought I was happy!  :>)

Kids really do change everything.  I knew I wanted kids but the immense love that they provide was even more than I expected!  

We had a business, my husband and I which didn't do very well.  I was lamenting when we closed it and my husband said "hey, this taught me about what is important in life.  That's valuable.  Putting money first is not the way to go.  Better to do with less and have less stress."  Let's just say it was a tough lesson but one that in retrospect I am glad he learned (and me too).  :>)